J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: AKo on the bubble facing shove from the other big stack

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 24/12/27

I wasn't going to post this, but I figure I might as well considering the other similar thread we have going on. Villain knew how to play, so I put his range on pretty light here from the button.

Regardless, I was wondering what people would think about folding here since the other two small stacks are still in play and the fact that this is the bubble. The only thing is that if I were to call and win, I'm fairly certain I could win the sng, because the other players were not good and I would have a massive chip lead. Also, the blinds are massive, I assume that plays a role in the decision?

Also, another question. If his hand were face up, say it were JTs, would this be a snap call?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 250/500 Blinds (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com
UTG (t4936)
Button (t2848)
SB (t1344)
Hero (BB) (t4372)
Hero's M: 5.83
Preflop: Hero is BB with K
diamond.gif
, A
spade.gif

UTG bets t4936 (All-In), 2 folds
Hero ????
Total pot: t1250

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
folding is super standard here.. even if he was shoving any two cards its still a fold.. if he does know what hes doing then he's probably shoving wide.. but not as wide as 100%.. something like 30-40% would be on the high side still, this is because there are two stacks considerably shorter than us and i dont think too many players would shove wide into use considering were even stacks pretty much.

the blinds are big, but were still in second place with 10bb's its not like were in bad shape, quite the opposite, and if we look the 1200 stack will be in the bb soon and pot committed.

even if he showed j10s it would be horrible to call here. going into this as a 60/40 is not what you want.. minimum i think i call here is like QQ and sometimes i think id even fold that here, unless i knew the player really well and knew hed shove light on me here, then id call with Q's.. my range of calling in this spot is pretty much KK+

i hope those mtt guys come in here saying this is a shove.. it would really make me laugh.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The MTT players were advocating folding AK, actually. But yeah, this spot is also a fold. I used this calculator to help us out. Our calling range is really narrow, and this is due mostly to our comfortable chip position. There's no point in gambling here. It has nothing to do with being too nitty or not taking enough risks, it's just -$EV to call.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i didnt really read much of the thread, i found it to be really lame.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just to confirm it in sng wiz. i think it will be like a 1.5-2 mistake to call here...

i gave him 100% just to show what hands we can call with if he is indeed shoving anytwo(which he never is)

the second is the range i think is closer. even that is loose i would say.

yeah so -1.85 would be a pretty big mistake..

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 19
J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just to confirm it in sng wiz. i think it will be like a 1.5-2 mistake to call here...

i gave him 100% just to show what hands we can call with if he is indeed shoving anytwo(which he never is)

the second is the range i think is closer. even that is loose i would say.

yeah so -1.85 would be a pretty big mistake..

Thanks guys. I also read that thread, and I wasn't even going to post this hand because I thought it was a snap fold, but after reading that other thread i started doubting myself.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
STTs are totally different from MTTs!

AK is a super standard turbo fold here, you need to be at least 70% vs. the big stack's range so you can think about calling with JJ if he's shoving super wide and QQ+ otherwise.