ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2 NL HE STT: JJ >> wa/wb?

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 24/5/5

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

SB (t1305)
BB (t1340)
UTG (t1825)
UTG+1 (t810)
MP1 (t1125)
MP2 (t1750)
MP3 (t1340)
CO (t2215)
Hero (Button) (t1790)

Hero's M: 23.87

Preflop: Hero is Button with J
heart.gif
, J
spade.gif

UTG calls t50, 3 folds, MP3 calls t50, CO bets t150, Hero calls t150, 2 folds, UTG calls t100, MP3 calls t100

Flop: (t675) 7
heart.gif
, 7
club.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(4 players)
UTG checks, MP3 checks, CO bets t300, Hero?

It's still early in the STT (19 hands in) and villan (CO) has been playin TAG. He hasnt been to showdown yet so I have no info about him.

With a few limps then a raise to 3xBB, I think this could be of been a monster AA/KK/QQ/AK/AQ?
Mayb I should of 3bet on the BTN but at this stage of the STT and still with a decent stack I thought i'd jus flat call w/ JJ.

Your thoughts?

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mayb I should of 3bet on the BTN but at this stage of the STT and still with a decent stack I thought i'd jus flat call w/ JJ.

Thats what I was thinking when I read your line. A 3bet to 350-400 should weed out the limpers and get you HU against the initial raiser. The problem with flatting is that jacks are really vulnerable, and with 3 other ppl the pot you are basically done with the hand after any ace or paint hits the board (non-J paint obviously).

The 150 PFR does look suspicious, but at these stakes I don't think you can write it off as a monster just yet. However, after the flop, it looks a lot like AQ or KQ.

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call here it's very close if he continues to bet I would assume I'm beat and give it up on the turn.

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 48.824% 47.67% 01.15% 147252 3555.00 { 99+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }
Hand 1: 51.176% 50.03% 01.15% 154518 3555.00 { JJ }

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the pf raise looks strong as well as the small bet on the flop. We also have to consider a KQ or QJ sort of hand from one of the pf limpers who are check raising the flop. For me personally if I am just flatting pf (thus willing to play a multi-way pot) I am set-mining. You missed your set so I would be done with the hand.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3-bet pre, and fist-pump. /thread

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well the pf raise looks strong as well as the small bet on the flop. We also have to consider a KQ or QJ sort of hand from one of the pf limpers who are check raising the flop. For me personally if I am just flatting pf (thus willing to play a multi-way pot) I am set-mining. You missed your set so I would be done with the hand.

Yeah he could have any hand realy, so I got in cheap to set-mine with my JJ. Missed it on the flop so I folded.
No need to p!ss away chips when im either wa/wb. I've only got 1640 left so i'll find a better spot.
The last thing u wanna do is flat/raise his cbet then one of the original limpers shoves...

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely three-bet PF. You'll be getting action from loads of worse hands at this level. Lots of times you'll get droolers to stack off to you on the flop when it's three undercards and they decide their Ax TPTK or lower pair is good enough to get it all in. And in a $2 game (I've played plenty of them) I assume most opponents are droolers until I'm given reason to believe otherwise, especially this early.

Villain's bet could be just about anything preflop, it certainly doesn't have to be a monster. Let's say maybe 77+ / A7+? It might be wider, it might be tighter, but let's use that as the middle of the road. As played A7 is the only credible seven in the villain's range so we're only worried about Qx and overpairs here. Villain is probably betting most of his range here, which absolutely includes AQ (I'm having a hard time finding a lot of other Qx hands that take that line preflop FWIW) and QQ-AA but it also includes Ax hands that have missed, 88-TT and maybe other stuff that we beat too.

I probably call the flop and reassess on the turn, expecting that a lot of the time villain has fired his single c-bet barrell and we'll get a cheap showdown in a reasonable size pot with what's often the best hand.