$2 NLHE STT: $$2 NLHE STT: Bet this much or shove?

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2 NL HE STT: $$2 NL HE STT: Bet this much or shove?

Dealer: Hand #20259368060
Dealer: Gr8F84me posts the small blind of 50
Dealer: EEEasyMoney posts the big blind of 100
Dealer: You have been dealt [Qh Qc]
Dealer: V_time folds
Dealer: roan1 has been disconnected
Dealer: roan1 calls 100
Dealer: roan1 has reconnected
Dealer: pizzacrazy calls 100
Dealer: gep 57 folds
Dealer: atlantafalcons0 raises to 550
Dealer: Gr8F84me folds
Dealer: EEEasyMoney folds
Dealer: roan1 calls 450
Dealer: pizzacrazy folds
Dealer: The flop is [Tc 5c 4d]
Dealer: roan1 checks
Dealer: atlantafalcons0 bets 400

Attachments

• Snapshot 204.jpg
    Snapshot 204.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 30
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your raisepreflop doesnt have to be quite so big, you dont want them both to fold i raise to like 350-450

postflop im fine with it, trying to get the guy to shove over you is a good thing, were never folding if he calls and third club hits.. seems fine. you could bet like 390, that way it looks a bit smaller when its the same bet. doesnt really matter too much though.

LombardiStix

LombardiStix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree on the preflop move. I might bet 300 though so in these low stakes looks more like you wanna leave a little in case he shoves so you leave a little over half your stack out... enough for a push AI later. IMO this may induce a raise from him more times than seeing more than half your stack "current" stack in the pot. Know what I'm sayin?

Stix

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just shove preflop? We've got like 12 big blinds.

Either that or I'd raise to like 350 and then shove 90% of flops.

Pumping this to half your stack, and then betting anything other than a shove just seems really silly. Given your stack, our opponent isn't even likely folding K5 here.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just shove preflop? We've got like 12 big blinds.

Either that or I'd raise to like 350 and then shove 90% of flops.

Pumping this to half your stack, and then betting anything other than a shove just seems really silly. Given your stack, our opponent isn't even likely folding K5 here.

Yea but what about ace jack?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am with C9 on this hand - prob shoving pre-flop, if not a much smaller bet with intent to shove post-flop though you are risking facing an A or K.

As played pre-flop I don't see how you do anything other than get all of your chips in post-flop.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am with C9 on this hand - prob shoving pre-flop, if not a much smaller bet with intent to shove post-flop though you are risking facing an A or K.

As played pre-flop I don't see how you do anything other than get all of your chips in post-flop.

I raised a larger amount preflop to try to only get 1 or 2 callers at the most.

Why a much smaller bet preflop?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not condoning a much smaller bet pre-flop - just saying if you were worried about committing all of your chips why bet so many pre-flop? You don't have enough chips to bet that much and then fold post-flop. So if you are not going to shove then you need to just raise about 300. Even that leaves you with less than 10 bb's post-flop.

You are better off getting it all in pre-flop and just taking the blinds if you don't get a caller.

What would you have done if the flop came A-5-4? You would only have 775 chips left at this point with 1350 already in the pot.

If you are not shoving this at least if you bet 300 pre-flop you still have 975 post-flop and the pot is 1100.

If you want to appear stronger maybe 350-375 but 550 is way too much out of your small stack.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just saying if you were worried about committing all of your chips .....

I'm not - I'm trying to get him to call it all.

I want one caller and I want him to call it all during the hand.

I don't care when.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as your intentions were always to get it all in ....

Still a risky way to play it with the size of your stack imo.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as your intentions were always to get it all in ....

Still a risky way to play it with the size of your stack imo.

Ok, I knew the risk I was taking but I figured once it was just heads up and i saw the flop - i wanted a showdown not a fold.

:)

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It'd be much easier to analyze this if 1) you used a hand converter, and 2) you include the stack sizes-- sure, I can try and figure them out from the screen shot, but that's so much more work.

Anyway, with 13bb's and two limpers, I'm shoving this pre-flop always. As played, just shove the flop for your 1/2 psb.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It'd be much easier to analyze this if 1) you used a hand converter, and 2) you include the stack sizes-- sure, I can try and figure them out from the screen shot, but that's so much more work.

Anyway, with 13bb's and two limpers, I'm shoving this pre-flop always. As played, just shove the flop for your 1/2 psb.

Everytime I try to use a hand converter it says it can't read the format I'm using.

If you have any advice for me, I'd be glad to hear it.

I can post a screen shot of the message i recieve.

I've tried them all!

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why a much smaller bet preflop?
More likely to get called, gives you & your opponents more wiggle room postflop. Given your preflop bet size, if the flop comes down AKJ, you're still pretty much priced into calling a shove. Plus if your opponents are going to call 550, they'll prolly just call a shove in the first place. So your bet gets folds when we don't want them, but also lets our opponent get away from flops they totally whiff, and we don't get their whole stack like a shove would.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More likely to get called, gives you & your opponents more wiggle room postflop. Given your preflop bet size, if the flop comes down AKJ, you're still pretty much priced into calling a shove. Plus if your opponents are going to call 550, they'll prolly just call a shove in the first place. So your bet gets folds when we don't want them, but also lets our opponent get away from flops they totally whiff, and we don't get their whole stack like a shove would.

I know that - I would go all in preflop but I don't want to waste this hand. I want one caller - take my chances on the flop and price the guy in all the way to the river.

I don't really care what the flop is, I'm betting 400 in this spot no matter what the flop is.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everytime I try to use a hand converter it says it can't read the format I'm using.

If you have any advice for me, I'd be glad to hear it.

I can post a screen shot of the message i recieve.

I've tried them all!

Hmm, interesting... What hand converter are you using?

But yeah, I'm still in favor of shoving, in a $2 STT people will limp/call all-in with 55, A9, KTs, seriously. So we're not really losing value. Same on the flop-- if they're calling the 400, they're not folding to an all-in. Shoving also prevents tricky post-flop situations-- not that this spot is particularly tricky, but it could have been if the flop was AK9.

In the worst case, we take the blinds and increase our stack by 25% (well, worst case is running into KK+, but that seems unlikely :p).

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

What site is this? And where are you extracting the HH from, inside the poker client or from the HH file on disk?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For Full Tilt, go to Options and click Hand History, you can then select a checkbox that will save your HH to your hard drive. Then you can copy it and paste it into a hand converter.

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For Full Tilt, go to Options and click Hand History, you can then select a checkbox that will save your HH to your hard drive. Then you can copy it and paste it into a hand converter.

Or go to last hand on top left of page and click on conosle (or something like that) and it will show the full text for the hands you played on that table

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Okay thanks.

I think I got it.