$2 NLHE MTT Turbo: $2-180 person, middle stage, re-shove/fold?

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Stars $2.00+$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t150/t300 Blinds + t25 - 8 players - View hand 1040770
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+1: t7375 M = 11.35
MP1: t3171 M = 4.88
MP2: t3666 M = 5.64
Hero (CO): t6156 M = 9.47
BTN: t5295 M = 8.15
SB: t3732 M = 5.74
BB: t4770 M = 7.34
UTG: t5920 M = 9.11

Pre Flop: (t650) Hero is CO with 6
diamond.gif
club.gif

3 folds, MP2 raises to t3641 all in, Hero ?
The hand just before this villain had doubled up through the BB after shoving JTs from the CO. Having seen this player's OPR and some other spots it can be concluded that he is somewhat knowledgeable. Likely to be shoving a fairly wide range here. Consulting a few pushbot charts it appears that villain could be shoving up to the top 40% of his range.

Against that assumedly wide range the 66 is a slight favorite. The money is still fairly far off, is this a spot to re-shove and gamble or is this a fold?

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
IMO, this would be a fold with little to no hesitation.

You are among the table chip leaders, and even though villian could be shoving wide in order to bounce back, there is no need to risk over half your stack at this point with an AIPF holding a small pair. I really think this would be a horrible spot to call/re-shove and gamble. Save the gambling for either the final table, or when you are are in a short stack situation yourself.

Yes, the possibility exists that you are ahead, but only slightly. At this point your cards do not warrant putting yourself in a situation to lose a healthy portion of your stack, which in turn would put in a dire situation chipwise while still a long way from the money.

I hope you folded.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a few of these the other night, i had absolutely no idea what i was doing, luckily my opponants had even less of an idea :D.

In this spot i'd probably fold, only because we have like 4-5 players left to act behind us, if for instance, the shove came from a stealing position, and i'm in the SB/BB, i'll be snap calling with this hand and hope for a double up. We definitely have very little time to get a stack, we're sitting pretty darn short here also, so this may just be a shove, however as mentioned, i have no idea what i'm doing in these things :D.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fold too. 66 is likely just a coinflip against two non-pair cards. Maybe he's shoving with A3 or something, but I'd rather not risk it with 3 guys to act after me. Even if just one of the 3 call, you're in pretty bad shape.

If I was the BB and it was gonna be HU, then I may call.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a few of these the other night, i had absolutely no idea what i was doing, luckily my opponants had even less of an idea :D.

In this spot i'd probably fold, only because we have like 4-5 players left to act behind us, if for instance, the shove came from a stealing position, and i'm in the SB/BB, i'll be snap calling with this hand and hope for a double up. We definitely have very little time to get a stack, we're sitting pretty darn short here also, so this may just be a shove, however as mentioned, i have no idea what i'm doing in these things :D.

I actually played kinda lot of these (actually won some too) and looking at the blinds there are about 70 players left ???
Well you're right, there's no time to get a stack, and being one of the leaders here will result in being one of the short stacks soon if you don't act quickly.
In general a lot of players here will know they have to steal and lots of them do it very wide from whatever position.
Blinds go fast so you're forced to act.
So fold or reshove ?
5 To act normally favours folding, however reshoving will show strength and they will back off most likely, unless they have a monster, which you still can beat anyway.
I would re-shove.
You want a stack when going to the last 20 players and you're not going to have one if you're not taking chances at these spots.
Jmho

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the time of the hand I perceived Villain's range to be much tighter, I hadn't seen the JTs shove and this was the very next hand. So in the moment I folded somewhat quickly. But this hand popped on my radar as I was reviewing the entire tourney it occurred in...it jumped as a potentially missed +EV spot.

@10058765 - Yes, I'd say there are probably 55-70 players left. I just tweaked the figures on that pushbot chart, assuming the players behind call very tight (top 7.5%), then I should be shoving almost ATC. Basically it means that the threat of players behind waking up with a monster is very small here. Just like you said though, if I tweak the scenario to have 4 or 5 people behind my range gets VERY tight (91%->26%->11%).

Anyway, thanks for the insight people :)

Folding in Poker