$2 NLHE MTT Turbo: $2 180-person SNG, ~70 people remaining

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars $2.00+$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t150/t300 Blinds + t25 - 8 players - View hand 1018760
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP2: t2855 M = 4.39
CO: t4015 M = 6.18
BTN: t6705 M = 10.32
SB: t175 M = 0.27
BB: t8445 M = 12.99
Hero (UTG): t6560 M = 10.09
UTG+1: t6095 M = 9.38
MP1: t23103 M = 35.54

Pre Flop: (t650) Hero is UTG with 7
heart.gif
club.gif

Hero raises to t750, 3 folds, CO calls t750, BTN calls t750, 2 folds

Flop: (t2900) 6
heart.gif
J
diamond.gif
heart.gif
(3 players)
Hero bets t1350, CO folds, BTN calls t1350

Turn: (t5600) 4
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets t4580 all in, Hero folds

Final Pot: t5600
BTN wins t4650
BTN wins t950

BTN was fairly LAG-y, CO was just fishy and I had a decent TAG image, though I'd made some crazy shoves a few levels earlier on a short stack.

So, first thing, I made a huge error in the hand by miss-reading some crucial table dynamics information. The person in the SB was all-in, but was sitting out. I noticed they were all in when I saw the flop, didn't realize they were an auto-fold all-in until I had checked the turn.

So, with blinds high I'm adjusting my raise size down somewhat. I'm decently stacked so I'm okay mixing it up somewhat.

Flop: decent board for me...Here's where I make the mistake of thinking I've got someone all-in which protects me a little. So I fire a small-cbet...which kind of turns my hand into a bluff. I don't really like my flop bet, but again...it was primarily predicated on there being an all-in and side pot which would increase my FE (villains less likely to float/bluff if they know they have to showdown).

Turn: Under the above assumptions I check the turn, even though it doesn't really hit any draws or weaken my hand.

In retrospect I think I should have either checked the flop going for a c/r or bet more. And I probably should be shoving the turn.

So...thoughts? Keep in mind this is mid-way in a 180, so ICM doesn't mean much at this juncture.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTN was fairly LAG-y, CO was just fishy and I had a decent TAG image, though I'd made some crazy shoves a few levels earlier on a short stack.

So, first thing, I made a huge error in the hand by miss-reading some crucial table dynamics information. The person in the SB was all-in, but was sitting out. I noticed they were all in when I saw the flop, didn't realize they were an auto-fold all-in until I had checked the turn.

So, with blinds high I'm adjusting my raise size down somewhat. I'm decently stacked so I'm okay mixing it up somewhat.

Flop: decent board for me...Here's where I make the mistake of thinking I've got someone all-in which protects me a little. So I fire a small-cbet...which kind of turns my hand into a bluff. I don't really like my flop bet, but again...it was primarily predicated on there being an all-in and side pot which would increase my FE (villains less likely to float/bluff if they know they have to showdown).

Turn: Under the above assumptions I check the turn, even though it doesn't really hit any draws or weaken my hand.

In retrospect I think I should have either checked the flop going for a c/r or bet more. And I probably should be shoving the turn.

So...thoughts? Keep in mind this is mid-way in a 180, so ICM doesn't mean much at this juncture.

We're never thinking about ICM in these games until we reach the final table, then moving up the pay scale becomes more important and ICM comes into play a little more.

We have effectively ~15bb's here. I have little to no experiance playing the 180's, but with a looseish table i just don't know how i feel about opening this hand. With reads we're always getting calls pre, and it plays so poorly postflop and we are OOP. I wouldnt be totally opposed to just shoving this, we only have 15 BB's and it's by far the easiest way to play the hand. And it saves us playing in tough postflop spots like this, and our hand is a little to strong to just fold.

So yeah i'm gonna go with fold/shove preflop with this type of hand. Keep in mind i havent really played in any of these things but that's how i'd play it.