$2 NLHE MTT: Royal Flush Draw

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Passive table but I don't think I should just limp pre?
Would you raise this and fold to a re-raise or call/shove?

On the flop I would be happy to get it in but I can't shove as it would achieve nothing. Should I double barrell? Guy is a calling station if that makes a difference.
Called river bet coz I'm getting like 10:1 and he could have KQ or missed FD or just air (v unlikely I know, but it had to be called).

Poker Stars - $2.50+0.25 Tournament (#417010691) - Blinds: 150/300 +25 Ante, No Limit Hold'em (9 players)
Poker Stars Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com

SB: t7,540
BB: t7,255
UTG: t13,156
UTG+1: t7,325
MP: t4,178
MP+1: t11,340
MP+2: t5,563
CO: t13,185
BTN: t24,627

Pre-flop: (t450) is UTG+1 and dealt :ad4: :qd4:
UTG calls t300, UTG+1 calls t300, MP folds, MP+1 calls t300, BB folds

Flop: (t1,350) :7h4: :jd4: :10d4: (3 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 bets t900, MP+1 folds, UTG calls t900

Turn: (t3,150) :7h4: :jd4: :10d4: :3s4: (2 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks

River: (t3,150) :7h4: :jd4: :10d4: :3s4: :4h4: (2 players)
UTG bets t300, UTG+1 calls t300

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So basically I should have triple barrelled?

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well there's a big difference between me telling you to bet turn and me telling you to bet 100% of rivers regardless if you miss. ;)

Something I missed which would also help is raise pre. If he flats, bet flop. If he calls, I barrel turn because you've got a ton of outs and you will likely fold out weak pairs (Js and Ts) as well as be called by weaker draws (flush draws/straight draws).

If he raises turn you can probably get it in as you'll have good equity against his range with 2 overs + nut flush draw + straight draw, and he might check/raise worse draws as well as strong hands.

As for the river, it depends. On that river you can probably check back - all draws missed so he's unlikely to fold a weak pair if he called it on the turn and you've got decent show down value vs other draws seeing as both the J and T are diamonds.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's a station, he's not folding a pair without a lot of effort and chips on our part, but i'm probably betting the turn as well, build that pot up nicely for the river if we hit, and we're still ahead of part of his range (probably a fair chunk).

Last edited:
jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well there's a big difference between me telling you to bet turn and me telling you to bet 100% of rivers regardless if you miss. ;)

Something I missed which would also help is raise pre. If he flats, bet flop. If he calls, I barrel turn because you've got a ton of outs and you will likely fold out weak pairs (Js and Ts) as well as be called by weaker draws (flush draws/straight draws).

If he raises turn you can probably get it in as you'll have good equity against his range with 2 overs + nut flush draw + straight draw, and he might check/raise worse draws as well as strong hands.

As for the river, it depends. On that river you can probably check back - all draws missed so he's unlikely to fold a weak pair if he called it on the turn and you've got decent show down value vs other draws seeing as both the J and T are diamonds.

Ok cheers, that does clear it up ;)

So in future raise pre (today I indentified AQ as one of my problem hands, especially in cash games). Then I can bet flop and turn to build pot and hopefully fold out weak hands (which is most of his range) and be willing to get it in on the turn if we can shove over the top to add some FE.

He's a station, he's not folding a pair without a lot of effort and chips on our part, but i'm probably betting the turn as well, build that pot up nicely for the river if we hit, and we're still ahead of part of his range (probably a fair chunk).

Yeah I though at the time not betting turn was too weak. Cheers guys.

Full Flush Poker