$2 NLHE MTT Rebuy: $2$ NLHE MTT Rebuy: Shark Review 30

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I fold there pre flop. ... I know you only had around 14 blinds but I'm sure there would have been better spots to come to get your chips in.

Alternatively if you were ok with this play I'd far rather have min raised pre and then folded to a 3 bet shove unless you felt they were 3 bet shoving lightly.

How many were left as this hand began and what place were you at the time?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vey close shove, but it is fine.... You have around 7M, not very often we are get call in final table.. But if some one call not often will be kicker domination, the best scenario coinflip...

M

michaelm6392

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I only shove big aces and pairs out of position when I'm short since you have so many more people behind who might call.

Some also think people get desperate UTG when their short and think they shove even wider. It's silly but there it is.

Still It cant really be faulted, unless it was a loose table the shove was alright.

C

Caissa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I fold there pre flop. ... I know you only had around 14 blinds but I'm sure there would have been better spots to come to get your chips in.

Alternatively if you were ok with this play I'd far rather have min raised pre and then folded to a 3 bet shove unless you felt they were 3 bet shoving lightly.

How many were left as this hand began and what place were you at the time?

I agree. From UTG you have to get through both big stacks and you are not so short that you are desperate. You'll have plenty of opportunity to steal from the other two stacks.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are only 5 handed and in general this is a fine shove. Given we have 2 shorter stacks however I think ICM will dictate a fold here.

What are the pay jumps ?

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snap folding.
We're on the HJ, and this is a final table where there are pay jumps for each place. You also have 15 big blinds, so there is no need for desperation here. We absolutely have to tighten up our shoving ranges here. If this wasn't a Final Table, I would shove here.
My shoving range here would go like this
AJ+ KQ+ 66+

Lastly, if a few of the players in front are very tight, I really have no problem minraising here, on 15bbs we can take the lower variance route here.