$2 NLHE MTT Rebuy: $$2 NLHE MTT Rebuy: $ NLHE MTT Rebuy: KJ suited after the bubble

S

Six Hurdles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NLHE MTT Rebuy: $$2 NLHE MTT Rebuy: $ NLHE MTT Rebuy: KJ suited after the bubble

I don't have fancy poker tools so here it is.

Button (64,000) tournament leader
Sb (?)
Bb(?)
Hero Utg (43,000)
Hijack (?)
CO (29,000)

Hero Kh Jh

Sb posts 400
Bb posts 800
Hero raises to 2400
Utg+1 folds
CO calls 2400
Button calls 2400
Sb fold
Bb fold

Flop 3h 9h Js

Hero bets 6200
CO raises to 12,400
Button fold
Hero raises to 43,000
CO calls and is all in

Turn: 5h
River 5c

Ok, let me have it. This was three hands after the bubble and I thought he might just be feeling free to loosen up. I felt pretty good about my equity.

S

Six Hurdles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It occurs to me I never really got around to a question. Was the shove a mistake? Should i have just called and check/folded the turn if the flush doesn't come in? There's not a case to be made for folding the flop right?

H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really like the open from CO with a hand like KJs. Especially going with the logic you layed out about players opening up after the bubble. You will be playing OOP with a hand that is likely beat if you flop top pair.

That being said. As played I am never folding on this flop. I would likely have flatted the raise, as there are not many cards that hurt you on the turn. And I would have jammed when the heart fell on the turn. Since you bet out on the flop it could disguise a flush draw on your part.

I don't mind how you played this big draw post flop though.

MrEpic94

MrEpic94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems like a pretty standard shove. TP/GK + FD, shove>call>fold

unlucky on the bad beat

S

Six Hurdles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I meant open his range up some. Hands like 9 10 suited, Q 10, things like that. His min raise on the flop felt like a feeler raise to see if I was serious. It kinda firmed up that thought that I was ahead, which is what he wanted I guess. Interesting, is a min raise with a monster going to induce aggression from a strong hand and get a cbet to fold? Interesting.

AlexeiVronsky

AlexeiVronsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KJs UTG is raiseable 6 handed so no problem there and with top pair second kicker and second nut flush draw I'd want to get as many chips as possible on the flop. AJ is possible though I'd often expect a reraise preflop then and the ace high flush draw would've likely pushed rather than min raising; J9 and 99 would be the only hands I'd be especially worried about but the redraw to the flush and the king would alleviate a lot of those concerns.