€2 NLHE MTT: AKo BB play mid-stage

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Due to some table circumstances I am not playing at the best. I am disappointed how I (over) played my hand here.
Y could disagree with the betting sizing but here, this is not the point. My main concern is about the river and coz I put Villain on a range that hit the river, I REALLY dont know if my concern about the fact I was committed worth the play I made.

Villain limp pp, broadways suited, Ax. I find myself the excuse to push coz I was committed and cos, and this's very important, COZ WE ARE at a 2€ BI on an .it site WHERE players USE TO OVERPLAY their TP a lot (so I reduced a lot my hero-folding hands).

Do y think it could make any sense a check/fold river?? I USED smallish betting size to leave myself room to fold in case river was clubs.

Villain got some Q in is limping range but he has much more Ax and PP and suited clubs imho-

After the HH below you can find 3 ordered questions I would love to see your thoughts about. Please use the scheme for your answer (i mean the order:
1) ...
2) ...
3) ...

Here's the HH

Table Information
Seat: 1 mephystoph ($9183)
Seat: 2 paperinik007 ($22318)
Seat: 3 vulcano_54 ($10695)
Seat: 4 costypkr ($16633)
Seat: 5 comparo77 ($4995)
Seat: 6 loreto244 ($17922) Dealer
Seat: 7 pinocchio135 ($7169) Small Blind
Seat: 8 Hero ($10996) Big Blind
Seat: 9 schelling1 ($9557)
Seat 1mephystoph Ante: 40
Seat 2paperinik007 Ante: 40
Seat 3vulcano_54 Ante: 40
Seat 4costypkr Ante: 40
Seat 5comparo77 Ante: 40
Seat 6loreto244 Ante: 40
Seat 7pinocchio135 Ante: 40
Seat 8Hero Ante: 40
Seat 9schelling1 Ante: 40
Dealt to Hero
KS.png
AH.png

Preflop (Pot:810)
schelling1****FOLD
mephystoph****FOLD
paperinik007****CALL $300
vulcano_54****FOLD
costypkr****FOLD
comparo77****FOLD
loreto244****RAISE $600
pinocchio135****FOLD
Hero****RAISE $1999
paperinik007****CALL $1699
loreto244****FOLD

Flop(Pot: $5448)
AC.png
QC.png
3S.png

Hero****BET $1787
paperinik007****CALL $1787

Turn(Pot: $9022)
AC.png
QC.png
3S.png
QH.png

Hero****BET $2400
paperinik007****CALL $2400

River(Pot: $13822)
AC.png
QC.png
3S.png
QH.png
3C.png

Hero****ALL-IN
paperinik007****CALL $4770
Showdown:
Hero SHOWS
KS.png
AH.png
paperinik007 SHOWS
JS.png
QS.png
paperinik007**wins the pot: $13822

1) Do you agree or not with the betting size?? If not, where do y disagree (squeeze to small to be oop or FLOP and TURN) ??

2) AS PLAYED. would you ever check/fold the river??

3) Do y want to suggest alternative lines (I expect most of y flatting the BB, isn't it)??

warturtle7

warturtle7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think that at this levels players often limp EP Ax? If so your line makes since no way he is folding TP on the flop turn or even river i think...

About the bet sizings, i also like to cbet small but i think yours are being too small! On the river i would do a bit less than half pot and on the turn a little more than a third. This would make your decision of folding your hand easier since you would be comitted or close to it on the turn!

I also think you beat most of his range on the flop and turn and i see no way you could have prevented this...

Pre flop i think your raise is fine and that flat calling is horrible!
As played i cant see myself check folding the river

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if we keep betting and he keeps calling its really hard to put him on a hand if we check when the second Queen hit and see what he does then we can put him on hands if he just check behind or bets small amount then mostly he might have an ace or some pocket pairs if he bets 2/3 of the pot or more then we will have to give it up.In this hand you were pot committed so its a hard one to fold.

1) Do you agree or not with the betting size?? If not, where do y disagree (squeeze to small to be oop or FLOP and TURN) ??

i would bet almost 2/3 or even the pot when i hit top pair with king kicker so if paperinik007 is in a draw he will have to pay more to see it and if hes just their with a 3 or a queen he will have to decide his move its not my style to try and trap someone because their are so many cards that can come and beat me he can make 2 pair, straight, or a flush so if i think i have the best hand on the flop i will pot it.

2) AS PLAYED. would you ever check/fold the river??

never

3) Do y want to suggest alternative lines (I expect most of y flatting the BB, isn't it)??

if the blinds are big i will go with 2x to 3x raise if they are small i will go with 4x to 5x raise if no one has raised behind me

Last edited: