$2 NLHE HU Tourney: why does he call me on the flop with crap?

RI_ER_SA

RI_ER_SA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE HU Tourney: why does he call me on the flop with crap?

can some one explain me ...players like him call me in sitituations like these.

it really does not make sense to me.

6700f57413534c4cdba8a1a501824a966g.jpg

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
super user who can see your cards and can then outplay you obv

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
J 3 of hearts? he's a terrible player, that's why.

Have you overbet the pot before when you bluffed? It may look like an obvious bluff. Either way, if he's such a calling station, why play 72o? Just wait for good hands and take him to value town.

RI_ER_SA

RI_ER_SA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you overbet the pot before when you bluffed? It may look like an obvious bluff. Either way, if he's such a calling station, why play 72o? Just wait for good hands and take him to value town.

at HU i really dont have time to analyze how donk he is , what should i do ?

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait for good hands and take him to value town.

^This is what you should do.

And just keep the pots small when you don't have a hand.

You don't need to play bad hands if he's gonna pay you off with Jack hi.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at HU i really dont have time to analyze how donk he is , what should i do ?

If you can't analyse your opponent effectively then what you have to do is stop playing HU. It's a game that is almost entirely based on reads.

Which means that without providing us any reads your initial question is almost impossible to answer. Though there could be several rational explanations.

If you're one of those players who's taken the "aggression is the key to winning at heads up" message to heart, you're raising every button and c-betting every flop then you'll be very easy to adjust to and it'd be perfectly reasonable for someone to call you on the flop with air, with the intention of either catching or just bluffing you off the turn or river.

If he's got a read that you bet small when you want your opponent to call and big when you want your opponent to fold, again, the above logic applies and it might be perfectly reasonable to float you and then bluff the turn.

Or he really might just be a drooler hoping to catch a jack, I don't know. Point is there can be rational explanations for an action like that and they're all based on reads. Get good at making them yourself because you can't win at HU without them.