$2 NLHE HU Tourney: how to defend top per agains loose-tricky players

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you expect your shove to be called by that you beat?

RI_ER_SA

RI_ER_SA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i expected him to fold or show me a weak hand.

he played loose but i guess at some point in the gam he changed his style maybe ?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you want him to fold if you have him beat?

If you're arguing that he calls with worse than K6, there's not really that many worse hands that he'd call off his stack with! K5, K2, and some combo draws that you're barely ahead of. That's like 3 hands. But he's also calling your shove with K4, K5, K7, K8, K9, KT, 33, 44, 34, ect. ect. Its just ludicrous to expect him to call with enough worse hands for your shove to be profitable.

And lastly, if he is loose and crazy, and capable of bluff raising this flop, then CALL and give him a chance to bluff again on the turn. If you shove and he has QJ, he's not calling you. But he may bet the turn again if you call & check to him.

This hand is just a trainwreck. You flopped a marginal, mid-low strength hand and you played it like the nuts just because this guy was loose/aggressive.

Its amazing how much retarded crap players will do when they think the other player is doing retarded things as well. Make a plan for the hand, think about which actions will allow your opponent to make the biggest mistake possible. And no, he didn't change his style. No one at the $2 SnG level is even capable of changing the way they play. He was just a fish that flopped a big hand, and you played right along with him.

trashcan

trashcan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is criminal obv, ok you cannot fold top pair heads up just to a single raise but bet/bet on flop eliminates all the hands you beat and you can only called by better or ace high flushed I guess

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

he played loose but i guess at some point in the gam he changed his style maybe ?

having a hand doesnt make you loose or tight...

RI_ER_SA

RI_ER_SA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But he's also calling your shove with K4, K5, K7, K8, K9, KT, 33, 44, 34, ect. ect. Its just ludicrous to expect him to call with enough worse hands for your shove to be profitable.

:) u got a point.!!!!