$2 NLHE: AK gives TPTK. Every street a decision...

Falloooooon

Falloooooon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE: AK gives TPTK. Every street a decision...

I'm posting the whole hand including results, such as they were. I am interested in thoughts anyone may have on the flop, turn, and river. No reads. I started playing this with a friend but I had to work on some school stuff at the same time so I wasn't paying much attention.

--------------------
HAND 1
--------------------

$2.20 Buy-in (150/300 blinds, 25 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tourney, 9 Players
Poker Tools by Stoxpoker - Hand Details

MP1: 2,915 (9.7 bb)
MP2: 9,370 (31.2 bb)
MP3: 4,700 (15.7 bb)
CO: 9,065 (30.2 bb)
BTN: 13,140 (43.8 bb)
SB: 10,900 (36.3 bb)
BB: 11,565 (38.6 bb)
Hero (UTG): 11,790 (39.3 bb)
UTG+1: 9,045 (30.2 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG with
Ad.png
Kd.png

Hero raises to 900, 2 folds, MP2 calls 900, 5 folds

Flop: (3,600)
Kh.png
Td.png
Js.png
(2 players)
Hero bets 1,200, MP2 raises to 2,400, Hero calls 1,200

Turn: (8,400)
7d.png
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP2 bets 2,100, Hero calls 2,100

River: (12,600)
5s.png
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP2 bets 3,945 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results: 12,600 pot (1,125 rake)
MP2 mucked and won 11,475 (5,925 net)

S

SONIC589

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on the flop you only bet 1/3 of the pot. I would have bet atleast 2/3 to a full pot bet. With the turn I would have bet about 1/2 the pot to try and see where I'm at. The 7 makes it possibe for the straight if villian was holding 89. If you get reraised on the turn after your probe bet I would probably fold. Because you only bet 1/3 of the pot on the flop it let him draw to the straight. Theres a good chance he hit with the 7 coming on the turn. This is all based on if you have no reads on villian. If you have reads that villian will bluff scare cards and such then make the call and see how it goes.

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the previous post, except I put the villian on a stronger hand than 89. A value bet on the flop is not the answer, because you only have top pair. With a board like that, there are many combos that the villian could have called with and have you beat at this point. If you are willing to put 4,500 in the pot, do it on the flop. A call or re-raise should raise serious red flags, and you should fold to any further betting unless your hand significantly improves.

B

blahdy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I ship flop...2,2 bucks tournament and no reads, there can be serious retards and you wont be crushed on flop too often imo.

Double-A

Double-A

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You bet too small on the flop. That caused most of your problems...

With your small bet the villians min raise could mean a few different things, none of which you like w/ TPTK. Potting on the flop makes things much easier for you and difficult for your opponent.

I also don't like check/calling the turn. Check/raise or check/fold.

Given the stakes and relative skills of your opponents at this level; I check/shove on the turn.

If you're going to fold that river then you should have folded on the turn.

Falloooooon

Falloooooon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few things:

1) Something is screwy with this hand conversion. The pot wasn't 3,600 on the flop. [900 + 900 + 150 + 300 + (25 X 9)] = 2,475. So I essentially bet half the pot, not a third. Maybe half is still to small, but there it is.

2) And for Double-A, do you see the flush draw I made on the turn? Then with the size of his bet, I can't fold there, I don't think.

3) I guess that, looking at it now, I can convince myself he had QJ or something with a Q. Minraising sometimes means strength and they want a call with a monster, but lots of people do go small with their bets on the draw. And lots do still shove it in when they miss.

Double-A

Double-A

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few things:

2) And for Double-A, do you see the flush draw I made on the turn? Then with the size of his bet, I can't fold there, I don't think.

Yeah, I saw the flush draw. No, you can't fold the turn. My check/fold comment was just dumb...

I just hated check/calling the turn and then folding to that river so much that I was looking for anything else BUT that...

Pot the flop and we avoid all this confusion...

cjay142

cjay142

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't check/call the turn and then check/fold the river, nothing changes except you miss a draw.

As played I think he's gonna show up w/ KQ/JQ type hands more often than KJ/AQ so I agree that you should be check/shoving the turn w/ the nut flush draw.