$2 NLHE: AK gets 3bet

D

dumpy620_84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
God I suck at MTTs. No idea what to do here. Villain just sat down. Is flatting and c/folding pure spew? How do I react to a 5bet if I 4bet, given how deep we are? Is a 3bet-shove a decent option?

Full Tilt Poker, NL Hold'em Tournament, 400/800 Blinds, 100 Ante, 8 Players

CO: 33,610
BTN: 19,960
SB: 13,295
BB: 49,067
UTG: 35,374
Hero (UTG+1): 52,404
MP1: 27,257
MP2: 15,635

Pre-Flop: (2,000) A
diamondnormal.gif
K
clubnormal.gif
dealt to Hero (UTG+1)
UTG folds, Hero raises to 3,000, MP1 raises to 6,000, 5 folds, Hero

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would shove all-in. Any 4-bet would make you pot committed anyways.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, a 4-bet shove is the best option here. A minraise preflop seems to have become synonomous with strength but a lot of minraises pre can be with really weird hands so don't let that put you off. He has 21000 left in his stack and the stack sizes on the flop start to get weird if we just flat, with a ~15000 pot. Not only that but we are OOP which sucks as if we flop an ace/king and bet he folds a non-ace hand that would have got it in preflop and if we check we risk a free card.

If we 4-bet not shoving then either villain shoves and we have to call or villains flats and is pot committed on the flop. Only a min 4-bet to 12000 would leave villain with any stack at all left and we absolutely don't want to minbet here. AK wants to see 5 cards and with villains stack a shove is not too oversized here and they still call with AQ+ and TT+.

CrossCrucificio

CrossCrucificio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few things need to be cleared up here. Where exactly are you from the money? How many players left til the money? Seeing the blinds at 400/800 you might be close to it. I would factor that in. Being that the player just sat down, and reraises. Assuming that you are clearly not the bubble boy here, I would fold. See more of how the player is on your table. Although, if this was a freeroll, maybe you might just be inclined to shove it all-in being that the only thing you have staked in was time. Even then, time is valuable you want to be rewarded , so maybe not push in this case either.

B

bobphilallo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since you have the big stack and he raised you he probably has a pocket or A something. Either way you should go if he has an A something you the better kicker and if he has a pocket thats not AA or KK you have a 50-50 chance of winning the hand. Its all up to you if youre willing to roll the dice.

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a 4-bet would make you pot commited you might as well move him in and take a shot. at best he has a dominated Ace/king, or a 50/50,

L

lewis010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think all in is the correct option here as well... only if this player is extremely tight you should have folded however if he is not you should play all in...