$2 NLHE: A5s in BB vs Aggressive Big Stack

FlopIt2Me

FlopIt2Me

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE: A5s in BB vs Aggressive Big Stack

37 player $2+.50 w/ $50 added private forum MTT. 11 players are left. 5 make the money. This was the 4th out of the last 6 hands that villain raised the exact same amount preflop. He was getting very aggressive with his big stack of late, especially since we are now 5 handed right before the final table.

Villain is known as one of the best regular players of this particular forum. People in the chat box we raving about how good he is. I had a pretty tight image and was pretty card dead for a while. I'm thinking my A5s is ahead of most of his range, but I decide to play cautious preflop and just call to see a flop rather than 3-betting.

A decent flop for my hand comes out, and I decide to check/call villain's c-bet. If a K or Q come on the turn I'm probably gonna shut down and fold if he bets again. I think I should have lead the flop for 2/3 of the pot or so and folded to any raise. Given my tight image and him being a good "thinking" player I'm sure he would have folded if he had air or even a small pair. Checking the flop was really bad here, and I think this was the biggest mistake I made in the whole hand. What do you guys think?

Now, the turn gives me and oesd and a flush draw. I decide to shove. I think if he has a pair of Jacks or better he is probably calling, and I have tons of outs. Anything else he folds. This is my biggest question. What do you guys think of the shove here? Without knowingquite how much fold equity I have, is it a bad play?

Stacks:
MP with 13453
BTN with 7162
SB with 1454
BB with 5646
UTG with 2465

Blinds: 120/240
Site: Full Tilt Poker
Dealt to BB:A♠ 5♠
Preflop:
1 players fold.
MP raises to 488
2 players fold.
Hero calls [248]
Total folds this street: 3
Potsize: 1096
Flop: 3♥ 6♠ J♦ Hero checks
MP bets [960] Hero calls [960]
Potsize: 3016
Turn: 4♠ Hero bets [4,173, and is all in]

I'll post the results after some feedback.

H

holypendant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your play is pretty standard n u shove in the right way.. but considering he is table leader n his chips covered u, he might juz call u. but anyway u did right play so is ok... if u were tinking to get urself ITM, then u shld not shove n lay dwn if he all in...

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop. Your M is 15, and you're not going to hit enough flops you like to call OOP. You can 3-bet and call a shove if you think villain folds a lot, but without an idea of how often he's opening in the CO, we can't say for sure.

Fold the flop. You have no pair, no draw. So... yeah, I really have no idea why you're just calling here. You're just spewing chips away.

I suppose the turn isn't all that horrible, and villain will be c-betting most of his range, and thus you have some fold equity.