$2 NLHE: 3 hands from a 180 person S&G

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE: 3 hands from a 180 person S&G

Alright I've got a few hands I wanted some feedback on so I decided to do them per Tournament as opposed to 5 separate threads.. So here comes the first few!

Hand #1
Stacks:

MP1 with 3429
MP2 with 1326
MP3 with 2468
CO with 3045
BTN with 6675
SB with 1555
BB with 1850
UTG with 1230
UTG+1 with 7477

Blinds: 30/60
Site: Full Tilt Poker
Dealt to CO:K♣ A♦
Sklansky group 2
Preflop:
1 players fold.
UTG+1 calls [60]
MP1 calls [60]
2 players fold.
Hero raises to 300
3 players fold.
UTG+1 calls [240]
MP1 calls [240]
Total folds this street: 6
Potsize: 990
Flop:
4♦ 9♥ 3♦
UTG+1 bets [300]
1 players fold.
Hero calls [300]
Total folds this street: 1
Potsize: 1590
Turn:
9♣
UTG+1 bets [960]

I don't have exact stats because I don't use a poker tracker and it was pretty early in the tourney but villain was very active early then he won two big pots back to back with JJ and AA then he cooled down a bit for a rotation or two... The hand prior to this I raised from the button preflop after he limped middle position and Kc7c3h flops he checks to me I bet 2/3 the pot and he folds (I don't know how much bearing that has on this hand but I always get nervous playing the same player in back to back hands I feel like vengeance is often on their minds lol) anyway what should my move be here? easy fold? Push? I obviously don't like a call here, maybe the call on the flop was a little weak too?

Hand #2
Stacks:
BTN with 4034
SB with 10111
BB with 12038
UTG with 605
UTG+1 with 2855
MP1 with 2379
MP2 with 4905
CO with 4284
Blinds: 40/80
Dealt to MP2:A♦ A♥
Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
2 players fold.
MP1 calls [80]
Hero raises to 300
3 players fold.
BB calls [220]
1 players folded.
Total folds this street: 6
Potsize: 720
Flop:
4♦ 9♦ 10♣
BB checks
Hero bets [440]
1 players fold.
BB calls [440]
Potsize: 1600
Turn:
9♥
BB checks
Hero bets [1,000]
BB calls [1,000]
Potsize: 3600
River:
8♣
BB checks

In this hand villain was new to the table about 7 hands in, and the only hand he has shown down was calling limp calling a preflop raise with 73s and missed the oesd. So he could be on anything really should I conisder my AA good fire out another bet hope he calls loose? If so how much? Or stop while I'm ahead and avoid a possible trap with a straight or trip nines?

Hand #3
Stacks:
williamb1944 with 21176
BTN with 48923
SB with 40972
BB with 41251
UTG with 69472
MP with 48206

Blinds:500/1000
Dealt to BTN:9♥ 8♦
Sklansky group 7
Preflop:
3 players fold.
Hero raises to 3,000
1 players fold.
BB calls [2,000]
Total folds this street: 4
Potsize: 7250
Flop: 10♣ 7♠ 2♠
BB checks Hero checks
Potsize: 7250
Turn: 10♠
BB bets [2,500]

Villain here doubled up about 10 hands ago flopping the nut straight and getting bet into, and since then he was involved in 3 hands postflop. He lost one and won two without showing cards at any point. He seemed comfortable tossing around money at this point. Should I give him credit for the flush here and fold or fire back at him? I don't see calling being an option here either..

KoRnholio

KoRnholio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1 I'd just drop it on the flop, if you think he will laydown a weak pair you could shove. But if he has diamonds he won't fold, and will usually be a small favorite over your hand.

Hand 2 checking and calling would give him a chance to bluff with a missed flush draw, rather than just folding if you bet. If he has a ten and you check, he might bet it for you as well.

Hand 3 bet this flop after he checks, you have a good number of outs, him having two spades is quite unlikely. As played, I think we should fold the turn. Now if he has one spade, we lost a lot of our outs. A raise doesn't look good, since we would have bet the flop if we hit that ten.

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#1 The only thing stopping me from just folding the flop was that we just had the hand together where he check folded the flop so I kind of figured him for fearing the same thing would happen and he put out a little feeler bet (less then 1/3 of the pot) to sort of block me.

#2 I'm not sure what you mean "checking and calling would give him a chance to bluff with a missed flush draw" he is first to act and already checked the river...

#3 The reason I checked the flop is two-fold he was being aggressive and I didn't want him coming back over the top and me having to fold, I figured I'd get a free card with my straight draw. Also I thought the size of the turn bet was a little fishy, he was betting 3/4 to pot size bets in the prior hands he was in.

mattzan

mattzan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#1 For me villain had A 9 and u should fold. or maybe he had a flush draw and want to push you. but I think he had A 9
#2 Just check. he could just waiting a straight or he could have trip 9 and just checked knewing that you would raise and maybe coming with all in.
#3 For me, i would fold, or maybe re-raise to see what happens. you don't know a lot about this guy so it could be a chance to see his reactions.

My opinion =)

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#1 I ended up reraising him all in I just didn't trust his little flop raise and then the turn felt like he sensed weakness and was trying to push me out of the hand.... He did fold but I don't know if it was a good play, immediately afterward I started to question it.

#2 I did end up checking after I just felt like he was waiting to make a move at me but he ended up flipping over K10, I was a bit shocked top pair good kicker from big stack wasn't pushing a little harder but I started to wonder if I was playing to timid...

#3 I reraised here, made it 7500 to call, I figure he leads out with the 10 or flush draw on the flop, he thought about it for a minute and folded. If I'm played back at here though even if I put him on overcards I've got to fold and I'm out 1/5 of my stack at a pivotal time at the final table I guess this is no time to lose my aggression but I'm not sure if that was the right move

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1
fold or raise, depending on your feeling at the moment....
HAnd 2
i believe checking is the only option you got here, because I dont see you get called by something you can beat
Hand 3
I think you could ve c-bet the flop with the OESD..

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands