$2 HU: fun with Q4o

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is only the second hand of the match, so no particular reads on the villain unfortunately.

I think it's pretty straightforward up to the river, question is, do we make the hero call?

full tilt poker Game #8568444235: $2 + $0.15 Heads Up Sit & Go (65313728), Table 1 - 10/20 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:16:34 ET - 2008/10/19
Seat 1: acid6 (1,480)
Seat 2: OzExorcist (1,520)
acid6 posts the small blind of 10
OzExorcist posts the big blind of 20
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to OzExorcist [Qc 4h]
acid6 calls 10
OzExorcist checks
*** FLOP *** [Ts 9s Qs]
OzExorcist bets 30
acid6 calls 30
*** TURN *** [Ts 9s Qs] [9c]
OzExorcist checks
acid6 bets 20
OzExorcist calls 20
*** RIVER *** [Ts 9s Qs 9c] [4c]
OzExorcist checks
acid6 bets 140
OzExorcist asks WWKLD?

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd call him - pot size bet doesn't tell me that he's got a nine and wants you to call. There are plenty of draws on original board that have all missed.

I wouldn't reraise him though, he's not going to call you unless he has you crushed.

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah call this.. he could easily have a J and missed.... also his bet on the turn looks like someone believing they can make u fold with a fifth of the pot bet, which appears weak imo...

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That rake's a bit harsh isn't it? Does it get lower at higher stakes?

As for this hand - call, though i'm not surprised to see a 9 here.

C

checkoutcardschat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing the $2.15 HU's at FTP. Only site that offers them at that range that i know of. Does anyone know any others?

Part of my strategy is to:
1- always raise the button at the beginning due to positional advantage-
2- bluff on the flop a lot :p -
3- follow through with 1/2 pot sized bet regardless of whether i hit or not
4- pray when the inevitable coin flip comes up
5- get lucky (better yet don't get unlucky:mad: )

oh yeah don't smash the $1000 computer when your pocket kings get beaten by an 89 on a 556 flop (7 on the turn:eek: )

BTW Ozexorcist I would love to play you for fun (lets say a best of 5 match series - first to 3 wins). If interested email me at ancpersonal@hotmail.com and we can set it up.

Of course I would have to modify 1-3 above (can't do anything about 4-5:smile: )

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bets line imo is to lead out flop like you did, lead out on turn for value again, then the river is fickle as to whther value bet our queen again or check/call. I think i marginally prefer check calling on the river to allow worse hands and missed draws to bluff. We absolutely have to make this non hero but standard call. I probably also look villain up if im holding an ace in this spot, since if he has a 9 he value bets a lot more on the turn.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK - so that's four calls and what appears to be a HU4ROLLZ challenge... which is nice, I guess :)

Results:

OzExorcist calls 140
*** SHOW DOWN ***
acid6 shows [8h 7s] a pair of Nines
OzExorcist shows [Qc 4h] two pair, Queens and Nines
OzExorcist wins the pot (420) with two pair, Queens and Nines

Leading the flop was absolutely standard for me, I guess I slowed down on the turn because I'm a little concerned about what could've called me on the flop - a nine has me crushed, and if he called me with top pair I'm liable to be massively out-kickered. Doesn't concern me enough to fold, obv, but I guess I was starting to think pot control / marginal hand. Call me a wuss, I guess :p

J

JUMPY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the 8 player heads up games have the best rake and best payouts IMO . I play them way to much . great BR boosters if you don't mind grinding.

I love playing the $2.15 HU's at Full Tilt Poker. Only site that offers them at that range that i know of. Does anyone know any others?

Part of my strategy is to:
1- always raise the button at the beginning due to positional advantage-
2- bluff on the flop a lot :p -
3- follow through with 1/2 pot sized bet regardless of whether i hit or not
4- pray when the inevitable coin flip comes up
5- get lucky (better yet don't get unlucky:mad: )

oh yeah don't smash the $1000 computer when your pocket kings get beaten by an 89 on a 556 flop (7 on the turn:eek: )

BTW Ozexorcist I would love to play you for fun (lets say a best of 5 match series - first to 3 wins). If interested email me at ancpersonal@hotmail.com and we can set it up.

Of course I would have to modify 1-3 above (can't do anything about 4-5:smile: )
BTW Thanks for the notes... lol

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK - so that's four calls and what appears to be a HU4ROLLZ challenge... which is nice, I guess :)

Results:

OzExorcist calls 140
*** SHOW DOWN ***

Leading the flop was absolutely standard for me, I guess I slowed down on the turn because I'm a little concerned about what could've called me on the flop - a nine has me crushed, and if he called me with top pair I'm liable to be massively out-kickered. Doesn't concern me enough to fold, obv, but I guess I was starting to think pot control / marginal hand. Call me a wuss, I guess :p

also the exact reason that i said above, i probably look villain up if im holding an ace

C

Chief_X_LRG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Results:

OzExorcist calls 140
*** SHOW DOWN ***

Something seems odd, didn't he flop a str8? I vote colusion...

BTW I put him on str8 draw with a spade in hand.