$2.50 NLHE MTT: Final Table AJs vs Big Stack

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Again LAG flop check/raise only, on cbet he never fold on this board, most of the time he can call you with wide range.

Your leak here that you bet flop and turn IP with only draw vs lag, you need always do it with already best hands for value, but now if LAG get any pair in postfop, you will be behind with your draw.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just thought your play is right.

I cant also imagine he has that hand. Just bad luck he has a hand we can not bluff him out.

X

xxMorpheusxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So it's more effective to check/raise the flop? Do get him to fold his one pair hands that we are behind.

What about ICM considerations? From a Chip EV perspective if we win a big hand we run over the table. If we lose though we bust our tourney life at the FT.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played it well. Forget that he flatted you on the button with KK...that is a weird move that you can never really expect or protect against.

Check raising the flop is OK if you can 90% rely on him Cbetting if you check, and if you can 90% rely on him floating you if you Cbet. And for a lot of LAGs who flat raises in position; this will be the case. with only 44 hands it's probably tough to have a line on his post flop play but going for the check raise jam on the flop is still OK. Stack sizes are perfect for it; and if I had more stats on him that showed me he was a floater; I would prefer this move.

But, having the info you did at the time; I would probably lead out on the flop, just like you did. And a lot of players with his stats are going to float, so I would probably jam the turn as well. Just sucks for you he was so strong. He is going to fold his AQ/AJ/A9 type hands and often fold his top pair hands as well to your line.