$2.5 NLHE STT: KQo Is the fold an option in this situation?

P

PokerFan27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt - $2.50|30/60 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 23.25 BB
UTG+1: 26.08 BB
MP: 22.17 BB
MP+1: 24.42 BB
Hero (MP+2): 29.33 BB
CO: 27.92 BB
BTN: 28.33 BB
SB: 18.5 BB
BB: 25 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:club: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, CO calls 2 BB, fold, fold, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 3 players) T:heart: Q:heart: Q:diamond:
BB checks, Hero bets 3.25 BB, fold, BB calls 3.25 BB

Turn: (13 BB, 2 players) 7:heart:
BB checks, Hero checks

River: (13 BB, 2 players) J:club:
BB checks, Hero bets 3.9 BB, BB raises to 19.75 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 15.85 BB

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as played you can fold i think. You beat only a bluff on the river. But on the turn I think you should bet again, you have trips and also a redraw to K high flush. On the river a lot of draws got there.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Def not for $2.5 and prob not for a lot more. What hand can he have that he flatted from BB with? QT, QJ, or HH. If he flatted HH and did not reraise then probably one of his hearts is not the Ace of hearts so if he hit the turn wouldn't he probably bet with paired board and poss another heart on river wrecking his hand? I would have bet the turn if I were you things would have probably become a little clearer. If you checked the turn to induce a bluff on river you got your wish :) At any rate if he had QT or QJ or any other fullhouse like 777QQ wouldn't he value bet the river not shove? I think at these stakes he decided you had no Q he was going to float you jam and you would fold. I would call never fold this in a $2.5 STT Online. I just think all the draws that get there for him on the river are just calls or value bet reraises the shove is just hard to really understand from a legit hand. So what happened?

Last edited:
horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where is stats on villain ? because I see you are using HUD, so will be easier to evaluate a hand with stats.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would also say. looking at the stacks you can fold and just keep grinding it is an STT and you can fold almost anything and take from the easy players and survive until later I don't know what the payout structure is on an stt on full tilt, seeing as I am in the USA and can't play. So that payout structure would be a huge factor just like ICM considerations are a factor in MTT's late in the tournament so I guess yes fold if you want is okay..... If it is winner take all I am back to never folding again. :)

Last edited:
J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Youre still not committed to the pot and still can find a fold,you hand are beaten obv.

P

PokerFan27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now I agree with you, I still can make fold, I didn't have posted the stats because i have few hands of the villain.

Ty.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the looks, you are beaten here.

That cr looks strong to me.

I believe he got his draw and our hand is just second rate.

Folding in Poker