Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
Hi! :)

Occasion by occasion playing some flights on ACR. These are shorter, most importantly splitted into 2 days.

This is the 17th level of 18.

Here's the link for the replayer: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/6q2eAw7Q

UTG (villain): 28.7bb
UTG+1: 69.3bb
CO: 49.8bb
BTN: 25.2bb
SB(villain): 54.3bb
BB(Hero): 47.8bb :qc4::8c4:

Preflop: (2.25bb)
UTG raises 2bb, 3 fold, SB calls 1.5bb, BB(Hero) calls 1bb

Flop: (6.75bb) :4s4::qh4::5h4:
UTG raises 4.4bb, SB calls 4.4bb, Hero calls 4.4bb

Turn: (19.9bb) :6d4:
SB checks, Hero bets 26.94bb, 2 fold

Hero win 14.5bb

What do you think? The table was pretty solid, that's why I dared to represent here a better combination because of the dealt board. Okay calls on my side pre and post? Right timing to bluff on Turn, can we even do it?

GL!

DegenerateSheep

DegenerateSheep

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
It does not feel right to me to bet the turn with this hand. We are making a large bet with a medium-strength hand, which will lead us to only be called by better. I think it's better to keep the pot under control and hope for a non-heart non-straight river.

I think we can also discount stronger Qx, sets, and overpairs from UTG, since he would jam turn himself here as it the pot represents such a large stack. so we do only have to worry about BB having a big hand.

Did you maybe have reads on the players that made you go with this agressive move?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Fine to defend with a suited Q.

Flop
I am not loving this situation, since its a pretty large C-bet, and SB has called. But I guess, we cant fold already on the flop, when we flop top pair, even with a mediocre kicker.

Turn
I agree with the previous comment, that your hand is to in between to make this large bet. It sounds like you are turning your hand into a bluff, but we are not calling with top pair on the flop, so we can bluff later. We are calling, because we beat draws and bluffs and worse made hands like second or third pair. I also think, its unlikely, that a better hand will fold, especially since you dont really represent much on a relatively blank card like this. So I think, you got two worse hands to fold, which is not enough reason to overbet the turn.

You also put yourself in a really gross spot, if SB check-jam, because you have kind of committed yourself against him, but you are also beat facing that sort of action. So I would just check here and hope, UTG either check behind or give you a price, you are willing to call. You did pick up a gutshot draw, so you have a bit more going on now than just a weak top pair, and you goal should be to either improve or try to get to a cheap showdown.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you so much for the inputs! :)

I'm not really a defender with this combination, but as it was closer to the end (ironic) and a 3-way as well, did not pretend that much that if this is going to be a big party. So my intention was to calmly hunt some combination and make a cheap showdown if it's needed.

Flop gave top pair bad kicker. As we both checked a 65% bet happened which is very large.

Obviously UTG could have here 44,55 although only one combination remained to QQ. Overpairs as well, AA and KK, AKs, AQ, KQ maybe JJ-99. So we are not in a really great shape.
SB called which is suprising. Considering how big stack he had, 44 and 55 can be in that range, I believe tons of competent flush-draws, Qx.
So it was my turn. I don't have here AA or KK, but can plenty straight-flush cards, two pairs and sets too. In a 3-way to such a big bet I'm maybe wrong by period, but I'm just calling at this point with everything and never raising , so that's why still calling and waiting what's gonna happen.

Turn is a 6 of diamonds. I wanted to only bluff the 6 of diamonds or 6 of clubs here. The reason is now I'm not only blocking set of Q's but also blocking 87s since 2 combination of 87s were in the calling spot from SB. And this is falling into my BB range very smooth.

That was a fear of course about this overbet, isn't it too bluffy?
I just found the 3 way very risky in general and with this healthy pot I could value 87s just like this or two pairs, cause on flop there was not big fold equity now I could hit made hands and folds too. Although could not really decide what is the best value bet here, since I can see UTG is now checking it behind on the Turn, even tho the big pot bet happened. While I could pick up something strong but vurnerable to the nuts.

All-in-all definitely a lucky runaway, I see those points in checking down the Turn although the party is hardly going to flow to me, too many outs and better Qxs. The pot was big, instead of check pot-control ; two combination of the 6s I'd choose to bluff here.

Another point on your sides is that I killed only 8K into this pot from my 58K so I have to balance where I wanna make a big bluff and how. This time I felt possible, were some cards to protect, although it was not as rewardable as I felt in that moment, badass one for sure, but I have to keep on eye even more if its really valid.

Cheers! :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! :)

Occasion by occasion playing some flights on ACR. These are shorter, most importantly splitted into 2 days.

This is the 17th level of 18.

Here's the link for the replayer: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/6q2eAw7Q

UTG (villain): 28.7bb
UTG+1: 69.3bb
CO: 49.8bb
BTN: 25.2bb
SB(villain): 54.3bb
BB(Hero): 47.8bb :qc4::8c4:

Preflop: (2.25bb)
UTG raises 2bb, 3 fold, SB calls 1.5bb, BB(Hero) calls 1bb

Flop: (6.75bb) :4s4::qh4::5h4:
UTG raises 4.4bb, SB calls 4.4bb, Hero calls 4.4bb

Turn: (19.9bb) :6d4:
SB checks, Hero bets 26.94bb, 2 fold

Hero win 14.5bb

What do you think? The table was pretty solid, that's why I dared to represent here a better combination because of the dealt board. Okay calls on my side pre and post? Right timing to bluff on Turn, can we even do it?

GL!
Ok how do we evaluate our actions for study? There are two approaches- basic- we ask simple questions- deep -where we dive into those same questions on a much deeper level.
We want to evaluate each spot as to which is necessary- This spot is a deeper dive spot depending on what you were basing your action estimates on.

Basic -My V are solid but overfold and or play face up even multiway.
Deep- My V are solid but make large bets to get folds with over pairs and my player pool plays face up and in a spot like this my turn action is 100% nutty when my V do it so the solid players over fold to this action IP with 1 pair- therefore I can bluff. Also the SB does not trap but will only fold to large bets with draws.

The simple questions

1 What data do I have prior to taking an action? Example- 2 levels left to day 2- over folding occurs.
2 What estimated data- past occurrences- player pool tendencies- player reads do I have?
3 What range of hands would I take similar actions and what is my expected outcome for those hands?
4 Is turning my hand into a bluff the best ROI outcome?
5 Is the lead shove better than XR shove?

:unsure::geek:

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The people who have spoken before me( @DegenerateSheep and @fundiver199 ) have described very well what I think about this hand.
I think this was too aggressive a raise on the Turn, and if someone calls, we are almost certainly behind, and the gutshot straight draw is not enough to ensure that we play for a stack.
So he was too aggressive, but there's no doubt that he vindicated you because you took the pot. ;)