$2.25 PL O STT: 3 handed vs. 2 TAGs - Strong hand pre? Raise pot?

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No stats on villain(s). They have both been playing a TAG style. Hardly ever raise pre & hardly ever call raises pre. But are very aggressive post.

Is this a strong enough starting hand to raise pot here?

Remember, I'm still learning PLO so my idea of strong vs. semi-strong starting hands is about the same when it comes to the two.

Pre-flop:

full tilt poker $2 + $0.25 Pot Limit Omaha Hi Tournament - t150/t300 Blinds - 3 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BTN: t3564 M = 7.92
Hero (SB): t5840 M = 12.98
BB: t4096 M = 9.10

Pre Flop: (t450) Hero is SB with 9 K 9 J
BTN calls t300, Hero ?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not strong, not semi strong, weak and you have no position, not even worth the 150.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, that's actually really surprising to me.

I would think because it's an un-raised pot & I have the chip lead, that it would be ok to see a flop here.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just do not play oop cause this hand is going to cause a lot of problems on later streets. Honestly though, it is definitely playable but I guess I am just a nit.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just do not play oop cause this hand is going to cause a lot of problems on later streets. Honestly though, it is definitely playable but I guess I am just a nit.

Yea, the fact that I'm OOP & the fact that it's going to be scary on the turn & river w/ a hand like this is why I'm confused here. On the other hand, there are some decent flops that I would continue on to see the turn & river.

I really need a flop like 99x, KKJ, JJK, KK9, JJ9, AQ10, 910Q, or 7810 to feel safe and 3 diamonds would be somewhat scary but only 1 hand beats me in that situation. That's not many board situations so I can see somewhat why folding pre might be the best move. Very involved game, I can't wait to soak up a lot more info for situations like this.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I am just a nit.
I dunno if its overly nitty to say that is a weakish hand to start with. I think its right.

My first thought was "hmm.. that hand oop is asking for trouble".

With position being so incredibly important in PLO, I'd stay away from "seeing flops" with weak hands. LOL. Well... *I'd* actually NOT stay away from it because I have as much discipline as a 4 year old. But I know exactly why I would regret the play about 1 street in most times. ;)

You listed the hands that you'd need to see to feel strong with that holdong on the flop. Look at it the other way. The hands that flop badly for it are plentiful. And there are lots of situations where you flop something nice and are in terrible shape. ;)

Last edited:
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands