$2.25 NLHE STT: Easy Fold?

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2.25 NL HE STT: Easy Fold?

Early in 9-seat SnG. I've played BTN before, notes say pretty solid player.

Full Tilt, $2.25 Buy-in (15/30 blinds) NL Hold'em Sit'N'Go, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BTN: 1,470 (49 bb)
SB: 1,380 (46 bb)
BB: 1,500 (50 bb)
UTG+1: 1,470 (49 bb)
UTG+2: 1,470 (49 bb)
MP1: 1,710 (57 bb)
Hero (MP2): 1,500 (50 bb)
MP3: 1,500 (50 bb)
CO: 1,500 (50 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP2 with Q
club.gif
Q
heart.gif

UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls 30, MP1 calls 30, Hero raises to 135, 2 folds, BTN calls 135, 4 folds

Flop: (375) 7
diamond.gif
heart.gif
A
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets 210, Hero .....?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We should probably fold after checking to the villain. If we were to call, we should have just bet ourselves. Conserve your chips for later in the game.

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree as played I think this is a fold, we have very little information on his hand and an A is definitely in his range.

Is this the kind of player that would be taking a double barrel if you float him here? You yourself said he seemed solid based on prior experience if he senses weakness he's going to exploit it, I feel like a call is just wasting chips to get bluffed out on the turn.

jernest

jernest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We should probably fold after checking to the villain. If we were to call, we should have just bet ourselves. Conserve your chips for later in the game.

Villain could hold an A, or he could have 78s, TT, or any mid-large pp. I think a raise here for about 180, before villains raise, gets you more information to work with. If villain calls or 3bets, you can let it go with ease.

I think a check on the flop may be giving villain too much room to bluff us off the flop. Flop is dangerous for us, but checking here is forfeiture of the pot regardless of villains holding.

After villains action on flop - folding is not 100% wrong in this situation (i.e. muck em and move on).

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain could hold an A, or he could have 78s, TT, or any mid-large pp. I think a raise here for about 180, before villains raise, gets you more information to work with. If villain calls or 3bets, you can let it go with ease.

I think a check on the flop may be giving villain too much room to bluff us off the flop. Flop is dangerous for us, but checking here is forfeiture of the pot regardless of villains holding.

After villains action on flop - folding is not 100% wrong in this situation (i.e. muck em and move on).

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not, lol.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

dont like check raising here.. were turning our hand into a bluff.. id probably either cbet this flop.. as played, check calling is fine.. he bets most of his range here.. get to the turn, and see what happens.. i think hell probably fire another bet on the turn in which case were forced to fold though..

i think i like cbetting this flop in the future... if he is decent hes not going to be raising light very often.

jernest

jernest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not, lol.
:)
I agree with all responses so far... I think after hero checks this flop there is nothing more that can be done except fold.

Even if villain checked the flop after - we could be walking into a trap betting the turn, and once villain bets the flop... he could be bluffing, but is your stack worth the risk.

A c-bet on the flop was the ideal line to let us know where we stand. Though I understand not wanting to given our holdings. It is a tricky situation, and one that the heroes in all of us will see from time to time.

If villain was a tricky player - we would need to revise our thoughts on this, but you can not give a solid player reason to push us off a pot that may not be legitimately his.

Folding in Poker