$2.25 NLHE STT: Dumb, excusable, leak?

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2.25 NL HE STT: Dumb, excusable, leak?

Hey guys, I've been here a couple times lately and need some advice.

Blinds are 40/80 but we're down to 4 people left. I have 2nd highest stak and the short stak is to my left. Big Stak is just behind the short stak.

Short stak is trying to rebuild, has gone Allin 4 of 5 hands, big stak wusses out. I get AKos with shorty in the BB, he goes all in, it is folded to me so I figure, OK we'll get to three handed now. Calling uses 1/2 my stak but I figure he's basically all in with anything right now and if I lose I'm still close to third place so.... I call.

My AK is up against AT, he flops a T and wins the hand. I end up finishing 4the (bubble boy).

Is this just one of those "chit happens" or should I have sat on my hands until I had a real made hand? I've done this a few times lately, it really makes me mad, but is it smart to call "stak builders" in this situation?

Thanks.

PJ

S

sactokid544

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this just one of those "chit happens" or should I have sat on my hands until I had a real made hand? I've done this a few times lately, it really makes me mad, but is it smart to call "stak builders" in this situation?

It's one of those "chit" happens.

Think of it this way:

Let's say you waited for KK to call the SS's shove. You look at your KK and say,

"Heck ya! I have KK, I'm definitely calling his shove." ... Right? Wouldn't you be excited to call?

So, he shoves and he shows you AT. Essentially, he's drawing to 3 outs just as if you had AK.

I understand that KK is better than AK because you really dominate smaller PP's, and become a bigger favorite over non-paired hands as opposed to AK, but I'm just illustrating the point that if you had KK vs AT, you wouldn't be posting this thread when essentially, you are in the same boat as AK in this situation.

Last edited:
Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.....that if you had KK vs AT, you wouldn't be posting this thread when essentially, you are in the same boat as AK in this situation.

Good point, tyvm kid and jily! I'll settle down and wait for my big win :)