$2.20 NLHE: Shove here with JJ?

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2.20 NL HE: Shove here with JJ?

pokerstars Game #41161678143: Tournament #250218414, $2.00+$0.20 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (40/80) - 2010/03/14 20:45:37 UTC [2010/03/14 16:45:37 ET]
Table '250218414 99' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: ben-rhyno (3085 in chips)
Seat 2: mini-lenar (9415 in chips)
Seat 3: Hemionus (3755 in chips)
Seat 4: 13yvonne13 (8125 in chips)
Seat 5: calimeromg (4740 in chips)
Seat 6: HARLEYBOY131 (3550 in chips)
Seat 7: apatel39 (1940 in chips)
Seat 8: suerov (3395 in chips)
Seat 9: RichsssLV (3050 in chips)
RichsssLV: posts small blind 40
ben-rhyno: posts big blind 80
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ben-rhyno [Js] [Jh]
mini-lenar: folds
Hemionus: folds
13yvonne13: raises 320 to 400
calimeromg: folds
HARLEYBOY131: folds
apatel39: folds
suerov: folds
RichsssLV: folds
ben-rhyno: CALL/SHOVE/FOLD?

***REST OF HAND IN WHITE BELOW***
ben-rhyno: raises 2685 to 3085 and is all-in
13yvonne13: calls 2685
*** FLOP *** [8s Ah 2s]
*** TURN *** [8s Ah 2s] [Qs]
*** RIVER *** [8s Ah 2s Qs] [3s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ben-rhyno: shows [Js Jh] (a flush, Queen high)
13yvonne13: shows [Qh Qc] (three of a kind, Queens)
ben-rhyno collected 6210 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6210 | Rake 0
Board [8s Ah 2s Qs 3s]
Seat 1: ben-rhyno (big blind) showed [Js Jh] and won (6210) with a flush, Queen high
Seat 2: mini-lenar folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Hemionus folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: 13yvonne13 showed [Qh Qc] and lost with three of a kind, Queens

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i flat, looking for a flop containing no overs or a J basically, and if opponent plays extremely aggro post flop on a low board then i probably lay it down

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like this is kind of standard. I hate flatting this here out of position, and folding is way too weak. Looks like the big stack is being a bully, I have no problem with a shove here.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reads/stats would help...I agree that flatting is gross.

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flatting is horrible but the safest way to play the hand, we get it in here there is a good chance we are crushed, we flat, we cna see how strong he wants to play post, and then be able to put him on a hand

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flatting is horrible but the safest way to play the hand, we get it in here there is a good chance we are crushed, we flat, we cna see how strong he wants to play post, and then be able to put him on a hand

I would agree with this if we were in position, but out of position we won't really be able to put him on a hand, because he's c-betting his air and his overpairs.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought remove the problem of being oop by shoving here. I don't wanna flat and let them outplay me postflop when overs hit.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do we need to shove at such an early stage, I would fold it but I am far too tight which I am trying to work on. Personally I would wait if it was queens the answer might be different.

Edit- only just saw the level sorry I play on stars on blinds seemed small though I still think I could muster a fold.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you don't win MTTs by folding hands like JJ when $3 players will call you with a weak range.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you don't win MTTs by folding hands like JJ when $3 players will call you with a weak range.

Ok was late andd now I see was actually at pokerstars and was a mtt and not a sng lol what a great start to my posting in HHs lol

(backs away from the thread slowly)

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok was late andd now I see was actually at pokerstars and was a mtt and not a sng lol what a great start to my posting in HHs lol

(backs away from the thread slowly)

Not a problem, I like to get many different opinions on how to play these difficult hands

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold. Fold. Fold. Flat if you like.

This is a $2.00 tourney and without any reads when they bet more then 3x bb this early in the tourney they have a BIG hand.
They bet big like this alot because they are afriad/can't play post flop. So unless you have a read that there a arrgo donk look to fold.

I can see flatting here and if you hit the tripes you will get paid off. If the flop hits low and you bet out and they raise you know they diff have it-fold.

T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dount I am folding JJ here.

imho

shove>fold>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>flatting.

Flatting is pretty terrible OOP with <40BBs with almost any hand.

FWIW if he opens standard 2.5/3x then maybe I could maybe see flatting as a viable option.

TD

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dount I am folding JJ here.

imho

shove>fold>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>flatting.

Flatting is pretty terrible OOP with <40BBs with almost any hand.

FWIW if he opens standard 2.5/3x then maybe I could maybe see flatting as a viable option.

TD

See I might be way off here but I was thinking the opposite- I feel like if e opened 2.5/3x you could raise him since you're OOP and want to end the hand right there. But, because he's already bet out big, it's unlikely you have any fold equity, especially since he has you covered. I can't speak to MTTs cause I don't play them but if this happened early in a SNG I would fold and if it happened late I would shove. If the blinds were mid-size, I would flat and bet out a little more than 1/2 pot if flop was low.

B

BYucko

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it were me, I'd push this hand, or re-raise it really big. With a push, the only hands that are really worrying are QQ KK and AA which have you dominated. I'd take on a JJ vs AQ/AK coinflip anyday. In addition, at that point you didn't really have that many chips and I find most big stacks, especially at micro limits, tend to raise with most to anything.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FWIW, i'm never folding JJ here, I can take coming up against QQ+ here, but thought AQ,AJ was more likely

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FWIW, i'm never folding JJ here, I can take coming up against QQ+ here, but thought AQ,AJ was more likely

I fold JJ here alot

Im used to larger buy ins though

[X] Nit ITT