$2.20 NLHE MTT: QQ facing 4bet Deep in MTT

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not shoving KK pre, why? You say stuff without giving decent reasons or evidence to back any of it up...

No offense to spiderman but IMO ignore a lot of the above post - avoiding risk and +ev situations where you are ~50% vs someone's range and just trying to scrape onto the final table isn't the way to maximise profits (by winning tournaments)

especially folding KK and shoving AK. Just wow
No offense taken guys !!!:rolleyes:
As i said, in that spot(prefinal table level and not the current hand) i would slow play KK...No preflop shoving at all !!! And yes AK, AA, i would shove...More over, though the stats say KK>AK....In that situation, Shoving 35bb preflop even with KK is not wise... While slow playing KK there is very good action...
Finally dont forget that in my earlier post i was referring to the given condition only and not others...(Could be a hell lot of difference in playing attitude depending on game type and situations)
Well thats my way of doing... I roll with the concepts which give me good success for long time and thats what i advice others....take it or leave, i really dont mind;)
Different people, different concepts guys !!!

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Surely you should slowplay aces instead of kings as any A on the flop will cause considerable problems? ;)

The reason I said no offence was I meant it - I've seen you have good results and no two players are the same, standard lines are boring!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No offense taken guys !!!:rolleyes:
As i said, in that spot(prefinal table level and not the current hand) i would slow play KK...No preflop shoving at all !!! And yes AK, AA, i would shove...More over, though the stats say KK>AK....In that situation, Shoving 35bb preflop even with KK is not wise... While slow playing KK there is very good action...
Finally dont forget that in my earlier post i was referring to the given condition only and not others...(Could be a hell lot of difference in playing attitude depending on game type and situations)
Well thats my way of doing... I roll with the concepts which give me good success for long time and thats what i advice others....take it or leave, i really dont mind;)
Different people, different concepts guys !!!

Curious... so 'if' you could see villain's cards here spidey, you're not getting it in with 'KK'? (is that what I'm reading here above in your post?).

Also, if you could see villain held AK.. you're not going to get it in here when they 4bai? (incidentally if you read my post above & baudib1's... you'll see that 'even if we knew that villain was only on AA, KK, AK+ it's STILL a call here in this spot). I want to hear more about what it wouldn't be??

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're playing to win here, getting it in with QQ in a huge pot is our best chance to win. Shove this all day and three times on Sundays.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Curious... so 'if' you could see villain's cards here spidey, you're not getting it in with 'KK'? (is that what I'm reading here above in your post?).

Also, if you could see villain held AK.. you're not going to get it in here when they 4bai? (incidentally if you read my post above & baudib1's... you'll see that 'even if we knew that villain was only on AA, KK, AK+ it's STILL a call here in this spot). I want to hear more about what it wouldn't be??

This happened earlier to me...Wat do u suggest here i do PO ???

Situation:2960 players entered, am 10th out of 20 players remaining...(real cash is in top 4 places only as as always)
My image is MIXED and TAG, that of shadowjumper's is LIMPER and LAG, EETCHU's is NON LIMPER AND TAG...

Answer me 3 cases:
1.) What would u do here ?
2.) What would u do here with KK ?
3.) What would u do here with AK ?

I am guessing call, call , call...
Mine is fold, fold and shove(not too comfortable though)...
The thing is at late stages i rely more on my post flop play where i am stronger !!! I dont like to enter preflop action at this stage with anything except AA/AK...
I would loosen up a bit at FT though...Am happy stealing at positions and getting into flop with good hands and controlling it...:)

Attachments

• coool.JPG
    coool.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
spidey:

1. Call

2. Call

3. Prob fold.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The hand you've posted is quite a bit different from OP's so am not sure the relevance of it bein' added to this thread?

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hand you've posted is quite a bit different from OP's so am not sure the relevance of it bein' added to this thread?
Of course its different ( thats the reason i gave u clear scenario about this hand situation, if it was same why would i give all the info buddy)...Just wanted to tell u its the way i play...;)

thunder1276

thunder1276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Answer me 3 cases:
1.) What would u do here ?
2.) What would u do here with KK ?
3.) What would u do here with AK ?

I am guessing call, call , call...
Mine is fold, fold and shove(not too comfortable though)...
The thing is at late stages i rely more on my post flop play where i am stronger !!! I dont like to enter preflop action at this stage with anything except AA/AK...
I would loosen up a bit at FT though...Am happy stealing at positions and getting into flop with good hands and controlling it...:)

This makes absolutely no sense to me. How can you be more comfortable with AK? at the very BEST you are a 70-30 favorite where as if you went with KK the absolute WORST you can be is 75-25 favorite. This is of course excluding AA, which has you crushed is both cases. As for the situation at hand I say call. We can put him on at leat 10's+ AQs+, AQo+, AKs, AKo. This is probably a bit to tight but even against this range we are a 55-45 favorite.

seachicken

seachicken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started reading this and started to laugh. I was thinking that is my play with ak in a live tournament. Then it ends up being his cards. I love the "make it 720,000 to go" live with AK. Just making the guy think there is more betting is worth leaving the the change behind. But online that is easy to see. Live if they do catch on they think man he must have aa or kk. I love when they fold q's or j's. Live the words all in have a final feel i don't like unless i want to you to think that.

I would call in this situation 99% of the time.

M

moneybagz718

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would call being that hes definately trying to shove probably with ak aq.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Exactly... it's different than the HH posted by OP (many diffences in the 'situation'). So.. my question (again), What is the relevance of it bein' in this thread???