$2.20 NLHE MTT: $$2.20 NLHE MTT: Thoughts on this line?

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
*** BLINDS ***
filtered Paid Ante 60
trent32la Paid Ante 60
izrock Paid Ante 60
PlayPokerPunk21 Paid Ante 60
pkgrinder Paid Ante 60
jzjz123 Paid Ante 60
HitStickODU Paid Ante 60
jzjz123 Posts Big Blind 600
*** PREFLOP ***
trent32la Hole Cards: Ac,Kc
HitStickODU Raises 1200
filtered Folds
trent32la Raises 3299
izrock Folds
PlayPokerPunk21 Folds
pkgrinder Folds
jzjz123 Folds
HitStickODU Calls 2099
*** POSTFLOP ***
Community Cards: Qc,5c,Qd
HitStickODU Checks
trent32la Bet 3777
HitStickODU Calls 3777
*** POSTTURN ***
Community Cards: Qc,5c,Qd,Kd
HitStickODU Checks
trent32la went All In 18830 (Villain has 11k behind) pot is ~13k

Not many reads on this villain, he is slightly stubborn and overall an okay player. Late reg ends in about 10 minutes and as it is a small field we are around 15 from ITM. (irrelevant)
I choose to 3bet my AKs on a decent stack size Preflop when he flat calls I give him a range of JT+ QJ+ KJ+ AT-AQ 22-JJ
When the flop comes Q5Q it also gives me a flush draw, I make a standard cbet like I would do with any hand here and get flatted. At this point my range on him is Qx+ and low-midpairs like 66-JJ, I do however have equity with my flush draw. Turn brings a K, meaning I am now beating all mid pairs, but I still was worried villain may have Qx and im drawing to about 16% equity with just a flush draw. So my ? here. Am I ever taking a check turn (I am IP) fold river if I miss my flush here? I just feel like I am getting better to call and worse to fold when I shove this turn. Overrall just an awkward spot for me. Any opinions welcome.
Trent

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd rather go for value, we're only getting called by better hands and folding out worse, still a little value to be had from 1010/JJ.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill go for value likewise to test if he has one of the ladies.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my trick here is to forget about the stuff that beats you, and concentrate on the stuff you get value from.

You say mid-pairs are in his range, that K is obviously great now against all that because we're actually ahead, however that K is a really bad card for villain. So it's going to be hard to extract value from villain unless he's really bad/stubborn. So checking is a valid option to let him try and bluff, to keep the pot smaller if he does have that Q, but overall it's going to be hard to get max value here if he has JJ-66, jamming just puts too much pressure on him.

so i think our options are to bet really small on turns/rivers, or to check back the turn and allow villain to bluff, or value own himself. It also makes us look really weak after checking the turn and value betting the river. If he checks it's almost certain he does not have a Q, so value bet appropriately to get calls. But yeah at this stage after 3betting pre flop and c-betting, we now hit our hand that beats a lot of stuff in his range, if he has the random Qx it's just a spot we're going to have to accept, basically we're pot stuck on that turn.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot already so big in turn, what it makes no sense shove , better to give a chance to bluff villain and make check in river , That the river he could bet, if he have trips, any way we lost , so there is a chance that the villain bet in river with low pair or with nothing...

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
preflop fine
flop fine
turn: you killed your action in a pretty good spot and will usually only get called by a queen here. I'd check the turn because now my hand has nothing to fear. if I miss my flush I can bluff catch on the river since my line looks weak (looks like a Cbet, give up). If I'm facing a queen I get a free chance to suck out, while simultaneously pot controlling.

I think you should check the turn and call pretty much any river bet. keep all the bluffs in his range with an underrepped hand.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would do 1/4 on the turn just to induce some action

and still would have some folding equity if the villain had Q.