$2.20 NLHE: JJ to a CO raiser and BTN caller

T

Tublecain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2.20 NL HE: JJ to a CO raiser and BTN caller

Context: We're on the bubble, and the monster stack in the CO makes a standard 3xbb raise, which I am assuming to be a steal. I look down at JJ and figure I'm going to raise him off of it. However, at this point, the BTN (who's been a very tight player so far) smooth calls. This concerns me, as I think that he very well may have a very strong hand (AQ-AK or a high pocket pair). I am basically left with the choice of either folding, or shoving, as I don't want to play JJ OOP against two callers. What are your thoughts? Hand is below, thanks in advance.

Stacks:
* BTN with 12106
* SB with 9165
* BB with 9880
* UTG with 8805
* MP with 6405
* CO with 33250

Blinds: 250/500
Site: pokerstars
* * Dealt to BB:J♠ J♦
* * Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
* * 2 players fold.
* * CO raises 1000 to 1500
* * BTN calls [1500]
* * BB ????? Hero

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

beechleaf

beechleaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im calling here too see the flop and sticking round too the river because BTN has A/K suited I sure and co is making a move with suited connectors or A/rag and hopes too flop pair or push you both out and pick up the blinds if i spike my J and BTN makes top pair A or K hes betting big and co flops top pair hes going too the make the move right away I think its worth the risk that BTN is holding A/rag its worth seeing the flop for sure both could have smaller pp and all could flop sets which means one big pot
for you.

trashcan

trashcan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have less than 20BB and you have JJ and we are on the bubble. CO raises and I see my hand and got excited cos I'm shoving this always. You beat soo much here and he will be very hesitant to call you with medium strength hands etc. So just shove, I would be shoving more wider

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take them to Jamington. Calling is like oh-so-bad. You have the 4th nuts and there's dead money in the pot from the button. Pretty standard shove, IMO.

Velutha

Velutha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ship it without regret my friend.

Sysvr4

Sysvr4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy shove. You're not at the typical online multi-table tourney long enough to form an accurate, lasting read on a player. Your read that BTN is fairly tight may well be because he's been card dead the last half hour.

CO is the big stack and in late position. Could really have anything. BTN's range is probably suited aces, small PPs, and AT-AK. And consider, if you were BTN, short-stacked, and had a chance to isolate the someone who can double you up on the bubble with AA or KK, you'd take it right?

Shove, my man, shove.

T

Tublecain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks so much for all the responses. I had been sucked on/dominated by QQ-AA by Jacks so often lately, that I think it swayed my decision and I decided to fold and save my chips, since I was still in average position and well placed to continue in the tourney (went on to take 4th place).

The flop came AA4, and they both got it all in: CO had 44 with a flopped boat, and BTN had AQ for trips... then a Jack landed on the turn, and caused me to post this hand, wondering if I should have just shipped it PF (because had I called, I would have probably folded on this flop). I indeed realize that I should have ship/fist pumped, and will probably do so next time I'm in a situation like this.

Live and learn, live and learn. Best of luck to you all!

T.