$2.20 NLHE: $2.20 NLHE: 90 man tournament, 5 players left...Was this the right move?

H

HillmanB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2.20 NL HE: $2.20 NL HE: 90 man tournament, 5 players left...Was this the right move?

Heres the link to see how it went down? The hand itself was dramatic but was calling for all in the right move here?

http://pokertube.com/Hands.aspx?hand=7685

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
calling the right move? no..

22 doesnt rate very well against any hand wurly could have here... even if she was making a steal, with say 5 8 off, shes still a coinflip to win, at worst, she has a pair, and your about 15-20% to win..

The push with 33 could be a good one, if the late position limper limps into lots of pots, so i like the push from her if thats the case. i know your short but its a fold and wait for a better situation

Download a program called "poker stove" run a few situations through that and give yourself an idea.. Also ask yourself this question, if you had won the hand, would you have posted it in the forums? you need to focus on the decision you had at the time, not the result..

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stove results for 22 vs a random hand

22 50.334%
random 49.666%

now if we can narrow wurlys range down to say 30% of hands shed shove in this spot

wurly at 30% =54.473%

your 22 is now 45.527%

H

HillmanB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should have mentioned that I mainly called based off their previous few hands and play. This was their 3rd or 4th all in since it was 7players and I thought it would be my pair against J 10 or something along those lines since thats how Wurly just doubled up in the first place.

*Not saying this justifies the call, but that was my reasoning at the time.

jmasterrich

jmasterrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With more reads, this might be a call. But then again, are you playing to win or to move up the pay chart? I think I would have folded mainly because of the player who has yet to act behind you with a big stack, he also could potentially call, making your deuces lose a ton of value. Still a very sick beat for you and that sucks. btw I think wurlyq is a member here at CC but I might be mistaken.

B

bowlerman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With more reads, this might be a call. But then again, are you playing to win or to move up the pay chart? I think I would have folded mainly because of the player who has yet to act behind you with a big stack, he also could potentially call, making your deuces lose a ton of value. Still a very sick beat for you and that sucks. btw I think wurlyq is a member here at CC but I might be mistaken.

I agree with this

Do you play to win or to cash??

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you have 22 and are facing a decision for all your chips, I hope you understand that reads do not matter. If you feel then you can outplay your oppenent then its a clear fold, If you feel you cannot then take the flip and call.

That call is terribad

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

with more reads?? what read could possible justify a call here? what hand are you in good shape against to call away all of your chips? none.. easy fold..

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i click on the link I get Chris Moneymaker playing a 5/10 omaha hand!

G

Greyshadows

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know unless i was outrageously shortstacked id never consider a call with 22 i mean any 2 cards my opponents have can pretty much knock me out. So why gamble when you can outplay?