1numismat (UTG+1): 25,389 (102 bb)
Maksimm88 (MP): 4,201 (17 bb)
sergios1982 (MP+1): 10,875 (44 bb)
franz817 (CO): 2,657 (11 bb)
luckyzura (BU): 15,784 (63 bb)
Spacecow505 (SB): 23,602 (94 bb)
anbras10 (BB): 11,974 (48 bb)

Pre-Flop: (535) Hero (1numismat) is UTG+1 with J♥ J♦
1 fold, 1numismat (UTG+1) raises to 750, 5 players fold, anbras10 (BB) calls 500

Flop: (1,785) J♠ A♦ A♠ (2 players)
anbras10 (BB) checks, 1numismat (UTG+1) - ?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe this is a situation where the effective stack and the SPR makes it look like you would need 3 streets of action to get the chips in but it is not the case. If villain does not have an ace then they are probably not even calling one bet. However if they have an ace they will not fold either and whether you raise them or they check raise you they probably wont fold and you will be able to get it all in the middle with just two streets.

With that being said, I like checking the flop and then if I get bet into on the turn then I will raise (unless its a pot sized bet since I would figure a second barrel would come on the river then) and if Im checked to on the turn I will bet fairly large hoping they check raise me but most likely they would just fold. If they have nothing here then you are getting nothing other than maybe a turn bluff which would be better than nothing. As mentioned, if they have the ace they will lead turn, you can raise and they are at least calling if not re-raising and then you can go from there.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars, $1.96 + $0.24 - Hold'em No Limit - 125/250 (20 ante) - 8 players

pokpok1402 (UTG): 5,000 (20 bb)

1 fold, 1numismat (UTG+1) raises to 750, 5 players fold, anbras10 (BB) calls 500

probably you have the reasons why you open bet 3BB, but this is the + and - side of that. (probably you were beaten by lucky craps too many times, i guess...)

You closed out most of the "i want to see the flop as often as i can" type of players with the 4th strongest pre-flop hand... i wouldnt do that - except few specific situation -, not because the flop what you got, but generally. The caller is the BB, your best hope is Ax in his hand, AA, KK, QQ out of question.... also AK, AQ less likely. So any AJ or A with smaller kicker, maybe some small pair with what he calls one more street. If it is not Ax, you wont see allin on any streets here... so nothing to lose, 50% pot bet, no less, no more. That's the hardest to put you on JJ or AJ, in my opinion. if he calls, then on turn 2/3 of the pot, if he push allin, that's okay, you can't fold it...

But don't give free streets for him! if he folds, then folds

But if he has Ax, almost 1 time out of 4 he will win this hand, so you don't want to give the turn and river cards for cheap, and basically after flop bet call, you try to raise the bet pot%, as you are pretty deep, even if you dont want to scare him with allin on river, try to pull out as much as chips you can. (Any Ax - except AJ - has the very same chance, it is easy to see, count out)

Attachments

• phand6.jpg
    phand6.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 8
1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars, $1.96 + $0.24 - Hold'em No Limit - 125/250 (20 ante) - 8 players

pokpok1402 (UTG): 5,000 (20 bb)

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624YSIpFx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Like this, it is not okay, in my opinion. The turn bet is too small. After he called the flop bet, more likely you can put on A, but you don't want him to see the river for cheap - what you just did, and allin call on turn after a 2/3 turn bet is okay, but after the turn mini-raise on the river probably better just call, as he stayed in the pot till the end... the board was pretty much the "selling you 100% you are front of him" type, as put AJ or AK in his hand pretty hard, anyway rarely happens based on the moves...so the only hand what possibly could beat you was the A2... don't think it is a fault, and almost impossible to fold it, but if you see, he has some Ax, better to force the allin as soon as possible, don't wait till river... if it is some AQ, A10 or even A with smaller kicker, probably he won't fold it either...

Why did you mini-raise on the turn??? Makes no sense to me.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like this, it is not okay, in my opinion. The turn bet is too small. After he called the flop bet, more likely you can put on A, but you don't want him to see the river for cheap - what you just did, and allin call on turn after a 2/3 turn bet is okay, but after the turn mini-raise on the river probably better just call, as he stayed in the pot till the end... the board was pretty much the "selling you 100% you are front of him" type, as put AJ or AK in his hand pretty hard, anyway rarely happens based on the moves...so the only hand what possibly could beat you was the A2... don't think it is a fault, and almost impossible to fold it, but if you see, he has some Ax, better to force the allin as soon as possible, don't wait till river... if it is some AQ, A10 or even A with smaller kicker, probably he won't fold it either...

Why did you mini-raise on the turn??? Makes no sense to me.
On my mind my mistake was reraise on river. I'm understood that he had A, but as he played, I'm thought about AAA only, not FH, so I reraise. Now I understand that he was afraid mine AJ or AK on river, that's why he bet so small. On turn I'm check-call.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open and I still like your 3BB sizing when deep.

Flop
Great flop obviously, and you can either check back or go for a small bet. I kind of lean towards checking back, because hands like a gutshot draw or undercards to the board will likely fold even to a modest bet. The issue is, you represent this board so well, and even if you just have a hand like AK or AQ, a lot of his range has very little equity.

So its not an easy board to get paid on, unless he specifically has AX. And as others have said, if he has AX, he is likely to lead the turn, if you check back flop, and then you can put in a raise. However you also want him to bet pure bluffs, so if he is on the passive side, just put out a small bet for value on the flop. You do bet, and thats fine, but I think, your sizing is a little to large on a board like this.

Turn
As played clearly betting again, but now your sizing is to small. You bet the same amount as you did on the flop, and we always want to size our bets relative to the pot.

River
Its weird, that he lead out on this card, because it should never help him, unless maybe he has specifically QT of spades, which made a straight. Clearly we are not folding, so its only between calling and raising, and if we raise, which size. Starting with sizing, there is so little left behind, that we should just move him all-in.

So can we raise here for value? And I think, the answer is clearly yes. Starting with the hands, that beat us, I dont think, he has AA, KK or AK, because those hands usually 3-bet preflop. He could have AJ, that he slowplayed, but there are only 2 combos of that. A2 is a loose call preflop, unless its A2s, and there is only one combo of A2s but another 5 combos of A2o, if he can have those. So at worst we lose to 8 combos and more realistically only 3 combos.

And then there are the hands, we can get value from. QT of spades is 1 combo, AQ is 8 combos, AT is 8 combos, and so on all the way down the AX ranks. People typically dont bet-fold trips on the river, when only a gutshot draw got in. So for me this is a solid raise for value, and you were just unlucky to run into the 1 available combo of A2s, which got there on the turn. In general getting stacked, when your full house runs into a better full house is not something, we should worry about. Its called a cooler for a reason.