Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
Some money-wise decision which came out bad-beats from several buyins. Wanna ask about your opinions, on which hands you think I can refine my game?

1st: 5.5$ SCOOP Phase1 sattie to 55$ ( 5 gets tickets, 6 left and I'm the smallest with 4bbs, the biggest have 9bbs, blinds going up in every 3 mins). CO already showed 2 blind-stealing attempts but here there's no fold equity if we put our stack in. Should we?

2nd
: 2.2$ sattie (23 left 8 get ticket, we are on the fence as we standing between 6-9th) Limped action, decided to value bet my top pair good kicker on flop. On turn choosed the continuation bet. The question ishow should we play out this against a 19.5bb limper?

3rd
: 2.2 sattie (Same tourney, 22 left. Same opponent limps this time from UTG, we are on MP+1 having 16bbs but still 4 players to act) Decided to punish and shove. Is it a profitable one, or do I suppose to fold or shove only from the MP+1 15bbs when UTG limped?

4th
: CC 888 300$ freeroll (24 reached the money and it's FT 7 left, the real payjumps just about to start) UTG puts in, and we are in an uncomfortable situation with QQ. Are we supposed to fold maybe flip that? What is UTG's shove range just from curiosity, when pushing from 3rd position to the whole table?

S

sumdumguy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First case: fold. Since there was a reise before you fold. This is a case of Push or Fold at this stage.

2nd case: Bad beat buddy, that's what happens in poker.

3rd case: there has already been a reise before you, call (your cards are not bad) and see the flop if there is a bet, fold.

4th case: Although your QQ were playable cards, they weren't for all-in in that position, remember that the first positions (SB, BB, MP1 MP2) have a range of playable hands, you can call it Bad beat but by stack the villain had nothing to lose.

Stack value you should always keep in mind.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1
Fold and hope, someone behind you step into the line of fire and bust.

Hand 2
Everything looks fine here.

Hand 3
Completely fine to jam over the limp.

Hand 4
Easy call even with the extreme ICM-situation.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1 and 4 are preflop push-fold spots, so I plugged them into ICMizer to analyse, what your range should be.

Hand 1
This spot is pretty weird, because CO min-raised with 6,4BB effective. ICMizer always assumes, that people are playing a balanced game, so when someone does that, the program will assume, you have fold equity when jamming over his min-raise. This also mean, that it assign CO a very snug range of just 7,8% of hands. With these assumptions you can jam QQ+, AJ+. Its noteworthy, that AJ is preferred over JJ, and this must be because, its very important to block the calling range, which is mostly AX.

However given the hand, he actually decided to open and not fold to a jam, this was clearly a recreational player, and the ranges assigned to him by ICMizer are completely off. Instead we need to give him a range of something like 60% of hands, of which he then wont fold anything, when you jam on him. And with these assumptions your jamming range actually becomes even narrower. Now its only QQ+, and this is basically because, if you get it in and lose, you bubble. Whereas if you fold, you still have a decent chance, that someone else will bubble.

Its also interesting to look at, what your range would be, if he had open jammed, as he definitely should. Now the NASH equilibrium is him jamming any two cards, but even then you can only call with JJ+. So to sum it up this was an ICM-punt. You need to have the patience to continue folding here, even you only have 4BB left, and basically hope this goofball busts someone else or lose his chips and bust himself.

Hand 2
The NASH equilibrium is UTG jamming a range of 77+, AT+, KQ, A2s+, KTs+, QJs and Hero calling with a range of QQ+, AKs. So Heros calling range is in fact extremely tight due to the two shorter stacks behind, but QQ was still a correct call.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some money-wise decision which came out bad-beats from several buyins. Wanna ask about your opinions, on which hands you think I can refine my game?

1st: 5.5$ SCOOP Phase1 sattie to 55$ ( 5 gets tickets, 6 left and I'm the smallest with 4bbs, the biggest have 9bbs, blinds going up in every 3 mins). CO already showed 2 blind-stealing attempts but here there's no fold equity if we put our stack in. Should we?

2nd
: 2.2$ sattie (23 left 8 get ticket, we are on the fence as we standing between 6-9th) Limped action, decided to value bet my top pair good kicker on flop. On turn choosed the continuation bet. The question ishow should we play out this against a 19.5bb limper?

3rd
: 2.2 sattie (Same tourney, 22 left. Same opponent limps this time from UTG, we are on MP+1 having 16bbs but still 4 players to act) Decided to punish and shove. Is it a profitable one, or do I suppose to fold or shove only from the MP+1 15bbs when UTG limped?

4th
: CC 888 300$ freeroll (24 reached the money and it's FT 7 left, the real payjumps just about to start) UTG puts in, and we are in an uncomfortable situation with QQ. Are we supposed to fold maybe flip that? What is UTG's shove range just from curiosity, when pushing from 3rd position to the whole table?

#1 No we fold we want an Ax hand so we can win without hitting a hand and we block there Ax hands----We can still get a seat from the collision factor of two big hands battling as well- or the other shortie calling with a hand and losing this spot.

#2 this is a bad beat but stack preservation is as important as chip accumulation so we want to adjust our bet sizing- therefore our lead size can be smaller as again we are not looking to get our stack in vs a slow play or luck box hand
If we bet big and get called we want to be very cautious on turn when the T hits as we are now losing to one of the combos of Jx we were ahead of and our V has sets and will not chase back door flushes on flop vs our sizing that often at their SPR etc etc

#3 Not strong enough to shove in this spot vs these player types- not a bad shove but UTG limps are often traps and they also call ranges that we would prefer to fold when we shove- it is a ok to limp at this stack depth to hit a big hand or fold to any agg action preflop after we limp. We only need one chip to get a seat so we have to be cautious more often in satties

#4 No discussion needed

:unsure::geek:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really like the post above by Eetenor as I think its lays it all out. Hand 1 is a fold even though we are in last place. We are still close to those above us and only one spot away from a seat so this is a fold for those reasons plus we dont have the A blocker which was already mentioned and that is key here.

Hand 2 is played well in the sense of actions but the sizing is off as already mentioned. I know we are protecting against A and K overcards coming on turn but we are also against an opponent that started with under 20 BBs so their floats should be less post flop so we can bet less and get the same result of protection and maybe keep some worse hands in as well going smaller so this is definitely a mistake going this big imo. Turn sizing as played I dont have a problem with since you went big on flop and the board got wetter. I would hate the 10 in game though as I would not feel like villain is floating overcards that often and J10 would have been one of my value targets that could have played the hand this way up until that point. Would hate when we get jammed on (especially since villain should know there is little fold equity for them based on what they have left) but we have to call it at that point with what we already had in the middle. If I was playing that hand I would have been very surprised in game to call and see villain turn over J8 off there.

Hand 3: Not a jam with this stack size and the hand is one of those hands that looks stronger than what it is. However, with villain limping in front it is a good post flop hand so I would see if I could see a cheap flop here. I would be weary of that limp unless I have seen villain do it at least a few times.

Hand 4: We start under 10 BBs with QQ... we are fist pumping here to call off the jam and yes at times we will lose but this is the exact type of starting hand we are hoping for with under 10 BBs.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks all for the comments, I can really relate to them, also learning and agreeing the directions you showed. :)

I had the privilage to play another sattie, it was a 22$ one, and a limp happened from UTG and I put my KJs into my limping range from UTG+2 and did that. In fact, I found this spot amazing to trap as well in some cases, so that QJs one (Hand3) made a great impact. Also Hand1 was very educational, since I sneak hundreds of places in an ACR special freeroll by being range - spot orientated (super small stacks), so I was patient enough to have 0.94bbs only but picked up JJ and 4x up. Cards were not came nor spots, even folded KQo from a mid pos. all-in and buddy had A4 dominating me, so that JJ was the first and only hand which was rewardable to wait for.

So yeah, these spots and the pieces of advice helped to watch things even more a bit easy-going the current ones.

GL! :)