$2.15 NLHE HU Tourney: $$2.15 NLHE HU Tourney: Cold deck?

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2.15 NL HE HU Tourney: $$2.15 NL HE HU Tourney: Cold deck?

It was a heads up sit n go. My opponent was a very loose aggressive player. I am tomh7795 and he was 27herb.
I had 1300 and he had 1700
I had ak and he had a4
Blinds were 10/20
I limped and my opponent min raised to 40 and I re-raise to 120. He called. Flop came a 8 4. No flush draws. He bet 240 I raised to 650 he pushed all in and I called.

Any advice would be appericated. :icon_sant

trashcan

trashcan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah for sure its a cold deck. He has all aces on his range. You beat all AQ AJ type of hands etc. Many players would go broke against you on this flop with AQ also. On his parts he played good but you couldnt do anything about it

Sysvr4

Sysvr4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is how LAGs make money. They actually make a hand at the same time you do and you pay them off. It's what makes up for their sizable losses putting in dead money at other times. You're actually only a 2.5-1 dog on this flop as is... you think he has a better hand more often than that when he moves in?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any particular reason you limped in? I'd be raising for value / pot building there because LAGs will be giving you action and even raising you with worse hands most of the time.

Flop plays itself - I wouldn't exactly call it a cold deck but it's reasonable to think he's doing this with any ace as well as two pair or better and you beat all other aces that haven't paired their kicker.