$16.50 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: JJ calling all-in EP, tourney position

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was a hand in bodog, so can't provide a good hand hyst.
I think it is interesting - curious what you think.
There is a lot of info I think is relevant:
BI=16.50 - 2K Grtee bounty game - $5 bounty.
27 ITM (19-27 = $20; 10 - 18 =$30; first prize $ 440)
3000 starting chips - 12 min blinds
17 people left - BB=2200, Ante=200
Players apx 8 to17 have between 30k to 12K chips

THE HAND:
QQ - in EP (UTG+1) with 17.5K chips all-in
next seat has 25K chips and calls with JJ

I find this interesting. Calling here with JJ, I think puts the caller in best case in a race not to mention that with that pot size there could be more people jumping in.
So I guess the strategy from the caller's point - is "hope he is in a race" (ie against AK AQ) - but the potential reward (huge jump in standings) is worth the risk? Or what is the justification for this call?

Irrelevant - but in case anyone is curios the river was a J - and I was out with the QQ

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very painful to lose this way so close to a final table with such a cooler

i think is slightly a fold (although 11 BB with jacks is a hard decision)

once he decided to enter he had to shove not calling and leaving 4 BB,

good luck!

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The guy with Jacks is probably ahead of the shovers range with less than 7bbs, all be it only slightly, he's dominating or racing literally every time here, AA/KK probably don't open jam, just unfortunate to run into QQ.

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy with Jacks is probably ahead of the shovers range with less than 7bbs, all be it only slightly, he's dominating or racing literally every time here, AA/KK probably don't open jam, just unfortunate to run into QQ.

I would think he has to expect a race most likely... and as such I wonder if in that situation, is making the shove advisable or better wait for a spot with expectations of being more ahead?
It would be a real hard fold, not sure I would be able to do it if I was in the situation, I think I would go with my gut at the time. But cool head I think (remember 12 minute blinds and most people are in relative close positions) would lean towards folding... ???

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cooler by far > JJ is an easy call from his perspective even againist a nit. You can be shoving lower pairs, weaker Ax here, a lot of hands > and with the dead$ in the pot villain can profitably take a flip with JJ here. you got the situation you wanted > just an unlucky result

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would think he has to expect a race most likely... and as such I wonder if in that situation, is making the shove advisable or better wait for a spot with expectations of being more ahead?
It would be a real hard fold, not sure I would be able to do it if I was in the situation, I think I would go with my gut at the time. But cool head I think (remember 12 minute blinds and most people are in relative close positions) would lean towards folding... ???

Problem is he's only got about 11bbs himself, JJ is to good to fold.

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if people seriously fold JJ with 11BB they need their head examined short of a very very unique situation you can never fold this

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you know what I think, I think he either misclicked or wasn't really taking his time to analyse the situation. maybe he was multi tabling or something and didnt realize he left only a few bb's behind. doesn't make any sense otherwise imo. unless if it was a complete calling station ofcourse :)

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cooler , next time will be coinflip or 80% equity vs pairs... , but it is profitable call with JJ and also from UTG shove with QQ....

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's just a cooler, neither of you can fold in this spot.

In fact, with stacks of 7bb and 11bb it's a cooler if it's even TT vs 99