$150 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: Squeeze with TT vs. Short stack raise?

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a 155 player live MTT Rebuy with Add-on. 18 players paid and we have 27 remaining. Blinds are 4,000/8,000 with a 1,000 ante.

1 hand ago I tripled up with KK UTG (weeeee!) and I'm still counting and stacking my chips but I believe that I have 175,000 (I actually have 178,000).
so I have about 22bbs and I'm a little above average stack.

I am in the BB. UTG raises to 17,000 off a stack of 90,000.

UTG+1 flats. Hist stack is about 120,000. He is a good player but I can be pretty confident he is never trapping with his flat here. He has a hand he wants to see a flop with, but doesn't want to go to war with. Something like 44-88 or AJ, ATs, KQs.

it folds to my BB and I look down at :10d4::10s4:

Folding is a stupid idea since I'm getting better than 6:1 on a call here.

so, which is better, flat or jam?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only squeeze , with such a stack size no 3bet there..
( effective stack 15bb , 3bet this already more then 30% your stack , because 3bet need do much, so better shove )
And hope on coinflip in one call....

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Prefer jamming. But either is ok here. Only problem with flatting is that you will see overs a huge % of the time. But its not a big deal since those flops likely hit the hands villains are.likely to call with pre. So you essentially remove some standard losses you would experience if you always shove this in.

Anyways both are fine I think.

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's your read on the original UTG raise? Knowing who that person is and their range will determine how I would play the hand.

Also do you think if you squeeze that either 1. A smaller pair will call or 2. Two overs like AJ will fold?

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's your read on the original UTG raise? Knowing who that person is and their range will determine how I would play the hand.

Also do you think if you squeeze that either 1. A smaller pair will call or 2. Two overs like AJ will fold?

Unfortunately the UTG raiser just moved here less than 1 orbit ago. Hasn't played a hand...but only over about 5 or 6 hands.

I do think overs like AJ will fold. I don't know if a smaller pair will call, maybe 88+ calls here....he is short so may feel pot committed with worse, but again I don't really know the player...

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3betting here will have probably the same outcome than jamming since there are not enough stack, but information about villain is key, villain 1 is utg and shortstack and his raising (unless he is a maniac or too loose) could represent a hand that is over hero´s tens or at least a flip (dont expect to see something worse than 88+ or AQs)

if jams and wins hero reaches 35 BB and one player closer to the prizes (remaining 26) but if lost will sink to 10BB

if folds then keeps 22 BB and the chances to get itm stay high

if checks the set could be in the flop and thing will flop easier but if not most of times next move is fold!

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
btw my option will be flat and play check fold if nothin improve my hand in the board!

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems like an awesome spot to jam. I see merits to calling but given reads on middle guy jamming is going to be so insanely profitable that we just need to do it

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you had to assign a range in a live tourney to a random opening Ep with a less than 12bb stack what would it be? Think it might differ a lot from online due to not having an explicit count

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
88+ KQ+ AT+ just for a random player

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then I prefer the flat, take a read and jam/bet if you feel you can get him to fold. But I rely a lot on live tells. Also no reason to give AK/AQ/AJ/KQ 5 free cards. I guess sometimes KQ will hit when they would have folded pre if you jam, but I like to play TT a little more cautious.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we 3bet... And the board is low, We would have to be cautious of overs and it would be pretty easy to mess this hand up and lose our stack if not careful...

Jamming does remove the possibility of messing things up like that but we can be trapped by this player we don't know?... I do like to check and hope for a set though but like I said above it can become tricky with a low board.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jam, dude is just too short for getting called by better to really bother us, win win his opening range really