fromeros

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$150 NL HE Deep Stacked: Live MTT - botton 2 pairs against chip leader

entrants 201, current 71
My stack 1.5 times the average
i raise in middle-late position with K9o(trying to steal) got called by short stack in my left and the BB(the table chip leader with almost double my stack)
board: As,Kh,9s
BB check
I bet about 1/2 pot
ST called and is all in
BB reraise to about 4 times my bet and is almost half my stack
i shove all-in and BB called
turns A9o
ST was in flush draw and hit in the river, won main pot and i got busted but the BB with better 2 pairs
-------
I need analisis in this hand were i too agreesive ? should i fold ??
don't like calling half my stack if i think i'm beat

please need cooments.

thanks and good luck

K

kAAzENBRE

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

entrants 201, current 71
My stack 1.5 times the average
i raise in middle-late position with K9o(trying to steal) got called by short stack in my left and the BB(the table chip leader with almost double my stack)
board: As,Kh,9s
BB check
I bet about 1/2 pot
ST called and is all in
BB reraise to about 4 times my bet and is almost half my stack
i shove all-in and BB called
turns A9o
ST was in flush draw and hit in the river, won main pot and i got busted but the BB with better 2 pairs
-------
I need analisis in this hand were i too agreesive ? should i fold ??
don't like calling half my stack if i think i'm beat

please need cooments.

thanks and good luck

Well i think that you played your hand right at the start. But when the others shows strength in the hands and you know that its a posibility that you could be beaten i think that you should fold. But ofcourse it can aswell be a bluff so its pretty hard to tell when we dont know how your opponents are playing. I would start your hand with just rasieing abit to see if the other players have some decent hands. And when you hit the low 2 pairs i think that you should check and then just call if anyones raiseing, which make them thinking that you might have a better hand. Raise raise raise make your opponents unsafe.

Z

Zybomb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played the hand fine.

The Big stack will certainly reraise AA KK AK preflop. A lot of the time he may reraise with 99 as well. This leaves A9 as all you're really worried about. Big stack can have combo draws AJ type hands and other such. Just unlucky

T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why post results???????? You get no decent feedvack by doing this imo.

I dont think I ever fold flop, may fold pre depending on players and stacks behind

TD

F

fromeros

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
raise, fold or call ????

thanks kAAzENBRE it was a very thought one, i was the first to bet, the BB check raised me and i had no much information of both player as they had just seated moved from other tables.
i beleive raise of fold are superior to call in this case, and now i know fold was better ;)

thanks for your reply and keep posting comments guys

T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP a fold was not better, calling 2pair here is very profitable imo. The BB could just be raising to get HU with player all in. He will be doing this with much worse hands than you (i think anyway)

You are being results orientated. Also the player all in, how short was he pre? If he is to short you should probably just fold pre.

TD

F

fromeros

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah zybomb, thanks
i thought that exactly, AA, KK, AK where out of question, maybe 99 but probably would have raised as well, i put him on AJ, AQ maybe suited.
just a bad beat

F

fromeros

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
topDonk,
i was the first to bet in both streets, ST was @ my left and was all-in by calling me in the turn with flush draw the BB check-raised
the ST was about 10 BB

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played the hand fine.

The Big stack will certainly reraise AA KK AK preflop. A lot of the time he may reraise with 99 as well. This leaves A9 as all you're really worried about. Big stack can have combo draws AJ type hands and other such. Just unlucky

OK I have a question. Why is 99 so strong as compared to 10 10, JJ, QQ? Ive just read a post about a tournament player who went out early after his shove with 99, and he was advised by pretty much everyone in future hands - albeit early in tourny play - to fold 99 against preflop action....

T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont understand your question, but i will go with whaqt I think your getting at. Obviously TT JJ QQ are better than 99, in terms of this hand we are talking about worrying or not worrying about 99, as there is a 9 on the flop, so if villain has 99 he has us crushed.

TD

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sorry wasnt paying attention, I re-read the thread and paid attn. this time, I was skimming and read "The Big stack will certainly reraise AA KK AK preflop. A lot of the time he may reraise with 99 as well. This leaves A9 as all you're really worried about. Big stack can have combo draws AJ type hands and other such. Just unlucky" and was thinking preflop and as I said not paying attn. Now its obvious what was meant. sorry to waste the space....... ty for reply w/o asking me when I plan to start playing poker....lol

worditst

worditst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that this play is fine, that was one of the only hands he coulda had

Organize a Home Poker Game