$15 PL O STT Turbo: What range can I put villain on?

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beginning of SNG. No real reads on players. I flop high hand. What range do I put villain on and is this the correct play to extract max value?

pokerstars Pot-Limit Omaha, 11 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
BB (t1180)
UTG (t980)
UTG+1 (t2010)
MP1 (t700)
MP2 (t1520)
MP3 (t1800)
Hero (CO) (t1430)
Button (t1660)
SB (t2220)
Hero's M: 47.67
Preflop: Hero is CO with A
diamond.gif
, J
diamond.gif
, 9
diamond.gif
, J
spade.gif

5 folds, Hero bets t60, 1 fold, SB calls t50, 1 fold
Flop: (t140) J
heart.gif
, 10
heart.gif
, 4
club.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t60, SB calls t60
Turn: (t260) 4
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks
River: (t260) Q
diamond.gif
(2 players)
SB bets t200, Hero raises to t400, SB raises to t800, Hero raises to t1310 (All-In), SB calls t510
Total pot: t2880

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really hard readless to put him on a range - but our hand is underrepped due to the turn check (that's why we're checking the turn I assume), 44's full is a huge part of his range, he'd have to be pretty bad to do this w a straight. Quads and QQ's full are coolers imo, as played I think we have to call.

Z

Zybomb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot the flop. This less than half the pot with top set on this board is ridiculous

Bet the turn 1/2 pot. The turn check followed by river aggression is so obviously a FH and you lose pot size/ value

As played just call the reraise of 800 IMO. Unless you assume villain to be bad, I cant imagine anyone reraising with the underboat here

ImolAyrton

ImolAyrton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He probably had a straight/flush draw and the Q completed that

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Straights don't re-raise on paired boards, they call (or fold).

I concur, at $15 buy-in level this should be true. At smaller stakes its not as true.

As to what the opponent has, 4s full is definitely the most likely (but this depends if the player is really good then he/she shouldn't be re-raising the underfull). He might have had two pair on the flop and turned a full house which he checks to you as he is 'slow playing' to the bettor. Also on the turn quads is possible, but very unlikely. On the river he could have caught queens full, but it is impossible to know with the way the hand went.

To improve your game you should bet the turn. I would like to hear your reasons as to why you checked it. Also the river is somewhat tricky as you get min-raised - for some players I would deduce this as a value raise, but personally I use it for a cheap bluff against more advanced players.

Last edited:
kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot the flop. If he flat calls you are gonna pot the turn as well. In this case you have made the Nut FH so there is nothing else to do but pot the turn and call the river. You can not be playing out of fear that he called a pot size bet on the flop and turn waiitng for the case Q? Can you?

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should have potbet the flop here.. its superwet...
also the check behind the paired board on the turn I think is quite obvious...
I might just want to call his reraise on the river though..