$15 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Wait for bubble to burst or shove

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LIVE tournament -35 entries with about 20 rebuys , got to the final table and than 8 people left
6 get paid

Everyone like to gamble and see many flops , but when 8 people left they tighten up a little bit being in a fold/push mode
Blinds 4000/8000 500 Average stack 9 BB

Everybody folds to BTN who plays aggressively, He just won big pot pot against me and is a current chip leader with about 18 BB

Btn raises to 18000
SB Folds
Hero BB shoves AKs for about 9 bb

Could you fold AKs at this stage knowing that there are a 4 players with stacks lower than yours and you are two places away from being in the money. ??????????????

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah you can make a laydown here, but it depends how short the other stacks are. If they are pretty close to yours, then you can't guarantee that you will make the money (not that you ever can) so you will want to get it in here. But if you have say two really short stacks, and a few others who are short like 1-5bb then we can make a laydown here.

IF it was the actual bubble, i can see folding here as a way better option, because anyone who busts means we make money, with 2 people, the future is far less certain, so i would think taking this spot would be better.
Hope that makes sense.

You don't just have to shove all in though, as more than likely he's gonna call you, but he might fold if he misses postflop, so a play you can try in these spots where you are in the blinds vs a single raiser is the stop n go.
Basically call his open and then shove ANY flop that isn't an A or K and you should get more folds and more decent pots without as many showdowns.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As there were 4 players with stacks lower than yours and closing to itm,you

should fold imo.