$15 NLHE MTT Rebuy: $15 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Did I play the best I could?

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LIVE tournament -35 entries with about 20 rebuys , got to the final table and than 8 people left
6 get paid

Everyone like to gamble and see many flops , but when 8 people left they tighten up a little bit being in a fold/push mode
Blinds 4000/8000 500 Average stack 9 BB

I was a chip leader with about 19 BB the rest of the table had 10 BB or less.

My image is aggressive
Utg folds
I am UTG1 with AQs and make a 2 bb raise to 16000, hoping that I'll call someone re-raise all in.
Everyone folds to BB who s having about 8 BB calls.

Pot 40000
The flop comes TQ6 rainbow

BB check
I make 16000 c-bet
He goes all in for his remaining chips 7 BB.

I quickly call.

What do you think about this tournament format where the average stack during final table is 9 BB . IS it high variance tournament ? ALso, would you play this hand simillary, or shove preflop ?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the rest of the table has 10bb or less then just shove it in preflop.. but i dont mind the idea of raise/calling, but we just have to work out ways to play hands like these when we miss postflop

flop is a non decision.

The answer if they are high variance or not depends heavily on your skill level and the exact structure. But in genral these things play pretty quickly and you don't have that much edge in them, unless the players are that terrible that they just give chips to you. In my exp with these in the past you will have a hard time if you are a little card dead, and you may need to make a few big all in plays as bluffs if you play them long term.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played the hand correctly imo,just unlucky.