MP1: 1,395 (27.9 bb)
MP2: 1,430 (28.6 bb)
MP3: 1,680 (33.6 bb)
CO: 1,435 (28.7 bb)
BTN: 1,425 (28.5 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with 3 8
7 folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: (100) 6 T 7 (2 players)
SB bets 50, Hero raises to 200, SB raises to 550, Hero?

We are around 10 hands into the SnG so villains stats are subjective but he's been active showing about 35/25/2, what would you do here? What range should we assign to villain? Would you have even raised in the first place?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think raising SB's initial bet here is fine, I would expect this to take down the pot a large portion of the time. You could flat, too, and try to take it down on the turn, while at the same time conserving your chips. After the 3-bet, I would probably fold, even though we're getting almost 4:1, just because it's early. He'll have a better draw than us a lot of the time, best case is something like JT/QT. I don't think jamming would be good here. Curious to see the results.

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, 12 outs to (most likely) make the winning hand. IMO raise PF if you're going to try to steal SB vs. BB is always worth trying to pick up the pot here, especially when SB is 35/25 and he called the BB to see a flop. He could have almost anything here. The tiny 50 chip bet on the flop is suggesting maybe A6 A7 K6 K7, most of the time with KT or AT he's probably raising PF.

Possibly T9, usually just air. 10 hands in has he gone to showdown with any hands?

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, hasn't shown anything down yet. Won some uncontested pots nothing to crazy.

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think raising SB's initial bet here is fine, I would expect this to take down the pot a large portion of the time. You could flat, too, and try to take it down on the turn, while at the same time conserving your chips.

Honestly I planned on check folding it, I try not to get to tricky in the early stages of these. Basically my thinking was I hit an interesting flop he took a stab and a lot of the time at this level I get people that take a stab at the little pots and when they are re-raised pride ****s with them and they feel the need to call fold my turn Cbet. I was expecting that up til the re-raise then I had to reevaluate a bit.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id probably just flat here. and get to the turn cheaply.. its a draw sure, but it isnt a huge draw. i dont really like raising against a random here, but its not bad.. def fold after he reraises us, we dont beat anything yet. and were drawing to 9 outs at best, looks like a two pair type hand to me.. we dont have fold equity if we shove, so its an all round bad spot.. i think we bet ourselves out of seing the turn cheaply with an ok, but not great draw...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, 12 outs to (most likely) make the winning hand. IMO raise PF if you're going to try to steal SB vs. BB is always worth trying to pick up the pot hereSorry but that advice is horrible,, we have 83 suited! lol, the blinds are way too small to be raising in this spot.. if the blinds are like 100 200 with an ante, sure, shove all in to pick up the blinds.. but here were 30bbs deep were in no hurry, raising here would be hugely badddddd., especially when SB is 35/25 and he called the BB to see a flop.This is another reason not to raise preflop,, if hes loose why would we want to inflate the pot? He could have almost anything here. The tiny 50 chip bet on the flop is suggesting maybe A6 A7 K6 K7, most of the time with KT or AT he's probably raising PF.This is a play i do all the time.. ill call from the sb, then bet pretty much any flop.. its like a cheaper way of raising the bb. instead of raising to 150, i just call, 25 chips, then bet like 50 chips on the flop.. saving money if im called.. works quite well. having said that, he probably isnt doing this. so when he bets, hes most likely got somthing. i think he raises most aces though...

Possibly T9, usually just air. 10 Hands in has he gone to showdown with any hands?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I planned on check folding it, I try not to get to tricky in the early stages of these. Basically my thinking was I hit an interesting flop he took a stab and a lot of the time at this level I get people that take a stab at the little pots and when they are re-raised pride ****s with them and they feel the need to call fold my turn Cbet. I was expecting that up til the re-raise then I had to reevaluate a bit.

I'd be good for that too, especially since the pot is still small. We could be more agressive if the pot were already large.