M33K3R

M33K3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$12 NL HE STT Turbo: AQo with big stack shove on bubble

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 5/5/2

I don't have my handhistory on me, but this is what went down. There are 4 left and I have 2700, two big stacks have around 3500 and a small stack has around 1200. I am on the button with AQ, and UTG shoves, who is one of the big stacks and has me covered. Villain is 5/5/2 over 100ish hands, at a 6 player table. The other big stack is to my left, and has called some allins with mediocre holdings in order to knock someone out. Do I make this call with my AQ, or fold and fight another day?

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 5/5/2

I don't have my handhistory on me, but this is what went down. There are 4 left and I have 2700, two big stacks have around 3500 and a small stack has around 1200. I am on the button with AQ, and UTG shoves, who is one of the big stacks and has me covered. Villain is 5/5/2 over 100ish hands, at a 6 player table. The other big stack is to my left, and has called some allins with mediocre holdings in order to knock someone out. Do I make this call with my AQ, or fold and fight another day?

What are the blinds?

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call me a nit if you will but I'm folding anything but QQ+ against a 5/5/2 player.

G

Greyshadows

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think there is anyway id be calling that. Honestly first of all i hate AQ its such a deceptive hand and as Phil Ivey and Negraneu undoubtedly agree its one of those hands ur supposed to lose alot of money on. I mean ur either racing or way behind in the situation ur describing and unless ur putting the villain on a massive bluff i dont think AQ is callable hand there not for your tournament life at least.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very read dependent for me. It depends on what kinds of hands villain has been showing down. Has he shoved all in before? What have his preflop raises been like ?

My only other consideration is the fact there is a short stack at the table. Once he goes out and I'm in the money, this is a snap call.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very standard fold.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why its a standard fold:

http://www.chillin411.com/icmcalc.php

If you fold, you have 26% tournament equity.
If you call and win, you have 38% tournament equity.
If you call and lose, you have 0% equity.

So 0.26 = 0.38*x + 0*(1-x)

where x is the required equity in the pot you need to call. The term on the right cancels, so you just need 0.26/0.38 equity in the pot to make this call, or 68%.

So, what kind of range does villain have to be shoving to get 68% equity with AQ? Well lets just see what our equity is if villain is shoving any two cards:

Hand 0: 64.432% 63.51% { AQo }
Hand 1: 35.568% 34.65% { random }

So, even if villain didn't look at this hand, we still wouldn't have enough equity to call. That's why this is a super duper standard fold.

Fold & fistpump.

M33K3R

M33K3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did fold it and ended up second. I thought it was a standard fold since villain is tight. Thanks for the feedback. If this occured after the bubble, is this a snap call? I tend to think so but I'm curious to what others think.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold before, shove after.

H

HNRocketS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah on the bubble I'm folding this a lot, but very read dependant. If I think villain might be doing this with a hand like KJ or A10 it's getting in their.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A/Q is generally a fold here, taken me years to say that:D