OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$12 NL HE STT Turbo: AK preflop decision

This one froze my brain up for some reason - CO is a spewtard who's been playing every hand, so far he's been willing to play Ax / K-Jx / pairs and maybe a bit of other stuff besides in raised pots. MP1 has only really played one hand, where he three-bet shoved TT over the same spewtard preflop and won.

It's probably a straightforward choice but for some reason my brain shut down on me. What was I supposed to do?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $12 Tournament, 40/80 Blinds (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t1280)
MP1 (t2465)
MP2 (t2200)
CO (t1815)
Button (t1335)
Hero (SB) (t1345)
BB (t3060)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K
diamond.gif
, A
heart.gif

1 fold, MP1 bets t400, 1 fold, CO calls t400, 1 fold, WWKLD?

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold here you have a tight player raising a calling station calling neither one is going to fold to much here if you shove allin your likely to get called by a better hand by the tight player and atc by the calling station.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't flat OOP, so it's either shove or fold. You have position on CO most of the time and against MP1 you are flipping at best. I'd fold and wait for a chance to attack the CO while in position and heads up.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They both seem like tards to me, raising 400 preflop is horrible, we have to assume he's really bad, id be shoving over this like, always.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The CO adding dead money has to be pretty sweet, but the large raise preflop leads me to believe the MP1 is never folding.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, it's probably the overbet from MP1 that froze me up. At lower stakes it's sometimes a move that droolers make with JJ+ because their tiny little worlds end whenever their big pairs get sucked out on and they have to be big to "scare everybody off".

I haven't played enough at this level to know if those kind of players still exist though. What kind of range would we be looking at? Is it more likely to be AT-AQ that doesn't really want action?

Just for lulz I plugged 77+ / AQ+ along with villain's insane (probably too loose but probably not far off either) range into PokerStove, which gives us:

(equity win tie)
Hand 0: 36.626% 31.91% 04.71% { AhKd } HERO
Hand 1: 21.498% 20.79% 00.71% { 22+, A2s+, K2s+, Q2s+, JTs, A2o+, K2o+, Q2o+, J2o+ } CO
Hand 2: 41.875% 37.44% 04.44% { 77+, AQs+, AQo+ } MP1

We're 48:52 against just MP1 if that's his range (and it's probably not). Against those ranges it makes it a marginal +chipEV shove if one or both of them call, though I dunno about $EV.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The CO adding dead money has to be pretty sweet, but the large raise preflop leads me to believe the MP1 is never folding.

We shouldn't be concerned about whether they're folding in this spot... there's so much extra dead money in there from the tard's flat.. it's soooo worth it to get it in here alll day long.

rounder22I would fold here you have a tight player raising a calling station calling neither one is going to fold to much here if you shove allin your likely to get called by a better hand by the tight player and atc by the calling station.

Really? Well a TightPlayer min-raised at 100/200 in eMP and you3bet to 1200 w Q6o.. then calling an LP shove. But you'd fold this?

To suggest folding? As Wizz says above.. wtf raises 5x pre? (occassionally you'll find an idiot who raises 5x with big prs., but rarely... it's far more often something like 99-JJ that is afraid.. &/or read some oldschool MTT books saying. "raise bigger w med. prs."

Yah.. I'd get it in there all day long. THey wake up with KK... big deal.