$12.6 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked Bounty Turbo: Hacker or Legit player?

T

Thor93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I know some of you gonna say based on the title this guy gotta be new , but I really need to understand that decision the player made cause it doesn't seem reasonable at all .
We were deep in the Tournament (13 players left)-($12.5 Buyin-Bounty Hunters)
I had 35$ bounty on me and 650k Chips ,I'm player 1 in the example and player 3 is the other one.
Blinds 20k/40k
Turn 1__ : Preflop
Player 1 S.B (20k) -Cards A J
Player 2 B.B (40k)
Player 3 (ReRaise 80k) - Cards 10 4
Turn 2 __
Player 1 : all in 650k ( A J- Not suited)
Player 2 : Fold
Player 3 : Call 650k , His total chips 1.85mil, after calling 1.2mil ( 10 4-Suited)
Board : 10,4,4,7,9.

And that's how my Tourny ended, now my question is the exact title, Why would he call with 10/4 preflop? Risk third of his chips that deep on tournament ? am I missing something? Would appreciate veterans/experts feedback ty :icon_sant:D

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are massively overthinking the situation. This is a relatively low buyin, and there are always going to be players, who make bad calls, simply because they are not very good at poker and/or mostly playing for fun. In top of that, when your bounty is in play, he is supposed to call off wider. Probably not as wide as T4, but certainly wider than in a non-bounty MTT.

Finally if everyone played perfect, we would all end up losing to the rake except for short lucky runs. So you should be happy, he made a bad call, because mistakes like that is, what make the games beatable. Did not work out for you this time, but you would never have complained about his bad call, if you had won the hand. So this is just a part of the game, you need to make peace with.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He got to that many chips doing the same thing and wasnt about to suddenly nit up.
As mentioned a very loose gamble call that got there. Not much to do about it.

T

Thor93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You are massively overthinking the situation. This is a relatively low buyin, and there are always going to be players, who make bad calls, simply because they are not very good at poker and/or mostly playing for fun. In top of that, when your bounty is in play, he is supposed to call off wider. Probably not as wide as T4, but certainly wider than in a non-bounty MTT.

Finally if everyone played perfect, we would all end up losing to the rake except for short lucky runs. So you should be happy, he made a bad call, because mistakes like that is, what make the games beatable. Did not work out for you this time, but you would never have complained about his bad call, if you had won the hand. So this is just a part of the game, you need to make peace with.

Thank you so much for the feedback, I'm glad to hear it and will try learn not to be tilted by this kind of run-outs I have sometimes, you totally right not everyone playing the same or have same strategy, a lot of points to take from what you said again thank you my friend ! :icon_sant

T

Thor93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He got to that many chips doing the same thing and wasnt about to suddenly nit up.
As mentioned a very loose gamble call that got there. Not much to do about it.

That's a very good points, appreciate your feedback.
I guess need to control my emotions and try be less tilted when this kind of plays ends up bad for me.
Will use your tips , all the best bro ! :D

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hacker? playing $12 MTT? 🤔

I think is just a recreational player having fun 🙂

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
What you need to think is that being a Bounty tournament the players with big stack like to call a lot looser. Especially when you have a bounty that is almost 3x the tournament buy-in.