$1100 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: KQ aggressive line

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
live torney early in second day 80 runners left out of 170 , no reads on villain havent played with him before , but is chip leader and herd hes preety good.
Last couple of hands hes been raising and calling raises , so im asuming he plays an aggressive game.

Blinds are 500/1000 100 ante
villain has over 100k hero has 60k
villain is BB hero BTN
action fold around to BTN (KQs) makes it 2500 BB call
flop Qh10s4d (pot 6500)
Villain checks , hero bets 4000 , villain calls
turn 9c(pot 14500) villain bets 10000
whats our play here ?
I dont like a call because we invest more money without finding out where we are in the hand and if villain fires again on the river we need to fold.
A raise of 2x or 3x will commit us to the hand , so we might as well push and get as much fold equity as possible .
A fold seems alittle week with top pair decent kicker .
Not shore of the best line I have noticed that most of the successfull players are very aggressive and take chances in situations like this and put alot of pressure on their opponents , but is investing 60 bigs deep in a deep stack torney with top pair good kicker too aggressive ?

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm def not shoving, and I'm def not folding, probably calling, seems like an okay spot to put in a slightly more than min raise, like push it to 22250-25k. I'm fine with folding to a shove at that point and sitting on 30bb.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm cool folding the turn. Its the worst card in the deck for your hand, and top pair, second kicker isn't what I want to play a big pot with, even if the SPR was a little on the lower side.

A good player may have enough ability here to turn a middle pair + OESD into a bluff. But I'm certainly folding the river for any real amount of money.

Raising the turn is setting money on fire.

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thankyou for your comments guys , as it turned out I actually raise here 2.5x , investing almost half of my stack in total , is preety bad considering any substantial beton the river from villain is a fold .
villain calls
river is K
villain checks ,I think we definetly just check behind right.
I think baudib is right in saying that a call is good for pot control and c9h13no3 fold is also an option , we probably can find a better spot and get out with 35 bb.

Last edited:
B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not so much calling for pot control as it is the fact that shoving is by far the worst option.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely call turn, a shove is horrible here.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like a call on the turn best and hate a raise there. Also, given you expect opponent to be thinking player, your call on the turn sets up a reasonable thin value bet on the river. Majority of good players are betting a straight for value on river and his turn lead/river check seems more like a medium strength hand wanting to see showdown.

Yes - I know the board looks scary, but that's what makes this game fun.