$11 NLHE Rebuy: AA mp1 against loose aggressive table

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$11 NL HE Rebuy: AA mp1 against loose aggressive table

We are about 10-15 minutes into the 2nd hr of the mtt so the rebuy portion is over. The table has been pretty loose aggressive and I read 4 or 5 players that have not made the conversion in their play from the rebuy period to the non rebuy period. BB is one of those people. I don't recall his stats but all stats are skewed as we were on the same table together for the 1st hr during the rebuy portion.

So I'm facing a loose aggressive player with a wide range who protects his blinds about 1/2 the time. With bb's wide range I am hoping he calls and pays me off and wouldn't mind 1 other caller. If I raise only by 3x bb then I will for sure get 3-5 callers on this table. Therefore I open for 4x bb hoping to snag bb and maybe 1 other caller. I want to maximize ev as well but I know the player or players who call will do so light. Most players that were calling pfr's were also folding to any flop bets of 2/3 the pot or above. How would you proceed?

Stacks:
* BTN with 5925
* SB with 11585
* BB with 20200
* UTG with 9275
* UTG+1 with 8200
* MP1 with 23340
* MP2 with 4025
* MP3 with 8130
* CO with 5875

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds: 150/300
Site: pokerstars
* * Dealt to MP1:A♣ A♠
* * Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
* * 2 players fold.
* * Hero raises 900 to 1200
* * 5 players fold.
* * BB calls [900]
* * Total folds this street: 7
* * Potsize: 2550
Flop:
* * Q♦ 7♣ J♣

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QJ would be a great hand to call with from the BB for a looser player, so that is your Achilles heal hand here. You have 2 draws to deal with.

You are the table Chip Leader and can afford to put out a bet intended to find out where villain is. Pot sized bet to deny odds.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I'm facing a loose aggressive player with a wide range who protects his blinds about 1/2 the time. With bb's wide range I am hoping he calls and pays me off and wouldn't mind 1 other caller. If I raise only by 3x bb then I will for sure get 3-5 callers on this table.

With this read I'd be opening this for 6xBB. You will still get calls from BB QJ,KJ,KQ,AT+ as villains will now put you on middle pairs 88-JJ. Then on Kxx & Qxx flops you will get more calls from your c-bet and you may even get overshoves from TPTK on the flop or on blank turns.

As played I'm with DJ, make a pot sized bet. If villain flat calls then you can decide your course of action after seeing the turn card. If the villain 3-bets then you can get away from this.

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're still ahead of his range with straight, fd, and top pair combo's he can have. I'm not necessarily sure you have to bet pot on this, but I think this could be 1/2-2/3 pot bet w/ the intention of folding to most c/r's.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To continue:
Here is the flop action and the turn. Now how would you proceed or do you find a problem with the flop betting?
EDIT: I forgot to mention - villain almost always min bets - if he's first to act or if it has been checked to him - whether he hits any part of the board or has a draw, sometimes with nothing as a steal attempt. He was very active.

Potsize: 2550
Flop:
Q♦ 7♣ J♣
BB bets [300]
Hero raises 2700 to 3000
BB calls [2700]
Potsize: 8550
Turn:
8♥

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being an aggressive player the villain will float your open raise and your c-bet with a pretty wide range BUT I don't think Q8/Q7 hands will be in it. 87/T9/QJ and pocket pairs obviously will be in it but so will a lot of hands that you crush, AK,AQ,AJ,AT,KQ,KJ,JT. Now that villain has called your bets twice you need to get to showdown as cheaply as possible from this point forward. Check behind or call if he donk bets the turn and/or river. If he makes a large bet here or on the river I'd seriously consider folding.

H

HipHopStoner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what became of the hand in the end?

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's the rest:

Potsize: 8550
Turn:
8♥
BB bets [600]
Hero raises 4200 to 4800
BB calls [4200]
Potsize: 18150
River:
10♥
BB bets [900]
Hero calls [900]
Results:
BB shows two pair, Jacks and Tens:
J♠ 10♦
Hero shows a pair of Aces:
A♣ A♠
BB collected 20175 from pot

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats a shame, but i would have played the same

ljove

ljove

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in on the flop.
Maybe limp preflop wait for raiser then all in.
I think he will fold on flop all in