mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
MP+1 stats after 51 hands: VPIP 18 PFR 14 Post flop AGG 2.33 Flop C-bet 75 Turn C-bet 50 Fold to 3-bet 0

Do you guys think that I should have 3-bet pre-flop? And as played after my raise on the flop should I bet the turn?

pokerstars - 1250/2500 Ante 325 NL (8 max) - Holdem - 8 players

BTN: 72,732 (29.1 bb)
SB: 98,965 (39.6 bb)
Hero (BB): 120,847 (48.3 bb)
UTG: 198,526 (79.4 bb)
UTG+1: 135,738 (54.3 bb)
MP: 38,733 (15.5 bb)
MP+1: 130,056 (52 bb)
CO: 142,242 (56.9 bb)

8 players post ante of 325, SB posts 1,250, Hero posts BB 2,500

Pre Flop: (pot: 6,350) Hero has :jc4: :ac4:
3 folds, MP+1 raises to 5,000, 3 folds, Hero calls 2,500

Flop: (13,850, 2 players) :2s4: :7c4: :3d4:
Hero checks, MP+1 bets 4,100, Hero raises to 8,200, MP+1 calls 4,100

Turn: (30,250, 2 players) :9s4:
Hero checks, MP+1 checks

River: (30,250, 2 players) :5d4:
Hero bets 14,520, MP+1 calls 14,520

Results: 59,290 pot (0 rake)
Final Board: :2s4: :7c4: :3d4: :9s4: :5d4:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop it depends on what the villains fold to c bet % is. This is a stat I have on my HUD and I think you should add it to yours as well. This would lean me in a direction of 3 betting or calling. If they fold to c bets a lot (over 50%) then I would 3 bet and plan to c bet the flop. If they are sticky on the flop then I would just call here. I dont think you are that wrong on 50 BBs either way. Probably easier to play the hand as a 3 bet but I would want to know how often villain folds on the flop. We know, from what you have given, that villain c bets 75% of the time which is not huge but it is often so we should be thinking that if we call here we will face a bet on the flop and that the villain wont always have it.

On the flop I dont like your raise unless you are going to go bigger and even then I dont like it I just dislike it less. I get that this hits your defend range way more than villain's raising range but I dont like min raising. I would either raise at least 3x or just call them and I like just calling here, not bloating the pot while we have back door flush possibility and potentially an overcard. I did write they are c betting enough of the time to be doing it with nothing so raises will work (although bigger ones) but I still prefer calling and if we have to plan to take it away later where villains (as usually everyone is) less sticky.

The turn as played you need to double barrel if you are going to raise on the flop. You need to continue the story that you have a big hand and are looking for more value. If you had just called flop then checking here would be correct with then an evaluate situation if the villain were to bet behind.

River as played, I am not sure what you can rep now since you checked the turn. I dont think villain will believe any over pair possibility and a set would not check the turn either with two spades coming on the board. I think as played your best play is to give up and check really hoping villain has A10 that they check back for showdown value. Any size bet here you make just doesnt make sense based on your flop raise.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
3-betting out of BB has much more validity, if you can rejam, because that ends the hand and takes away his positional advantage. But with 50BB you have to 3-bet small, and if he then call, you are out of position in a bloated pot. And how often are you really excited about that with AJs? Or he can 4-bet, which will force you to fold. So if you 3-bet, you are only really happy, if he fold, which mean, you are taking a very strong hand and almost turning it into a bluff. So I am totally ok just calling here, especially when its just a min-raise.

Flop
I dont think, this is the right hand to check-raise as a bluff, and I also dont think, a min-raise is the right size. You have plenty of hands, that flopped a gutshot, and these are much better candidates than a hand like AJ, which basically just has overcards. And which also has showdown value enough to check-call especially against such a small bet.

Turn
I would never have gotten here like this, but as played I think, you kind of have to fire a big bet now to continue your story, that you flopped some kind of monster like a set. This is especially the case, because you really cant expect any folds at all on the flop with your sizing. Even if he just has a hand like AK or AQ, he can just peel and see a turn, when you give him like 6:1.

River
As played I would give up now and check-fold. The issue with betting now is, you are not really telling a good story. Maybe you can have A4, that rivered a wheel, but your whole line is just so weird, that he might call even just out of curiosity.

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Pre flop it depends on what the villains fold to c bet % is. This is a stat I have on my HUD and I think you should add it to yours as well. This would lean me in a direction of 3 betting or calling. If they fold to c bets a lot (over 50%) then I would 3 bet and plan to c bet the flop. If they are sticky on the flop then I would just call here. I dont think you are that wrong on 50 BBs either way. Probably easier to play the hand as a 3 bet but I would want to know how often villain folds on the flop. We know, from what you have given, that villain c bets 75% of the time which is not huge but it is often so we should be thinking that if we call here we will face a bet on the flop and that the villain wont always have it.

I have Fold to Flop C-bet stat on my HUD and him is 0. But the sample of 51 hands is a small one.