$11 NLHE MTT: Pocket over pair..ship turn?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This guy was just playing nearly every hand.

Table is just full of calling stations..villian is 73/25 over 20 hands.

Had a hand previously with him where I had pocket kings and I raised pre, he 3bet, I 4bet and he folded..he sems the sort to "get even because you blew me out of a pot"

When he called my flop bet I coulden't work it out, I assume he was floating with over cards, flush draw or a smaler pocket pair as the most obvious.

When the turn brings a Queen I'm struggling what to do, if I check he's liekly to bluff me out of the pot but I feel I'm inclined to call but can't help feel I might be behind so do I just ship and if he has a queen then so be it?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

UTG+1 (t3700)
MP1 (t2595)
MP2 (t3220)
CO (t4435)
Button (t2180)
SB (t3325)
Hero (BB) (t2880)
UTG (t7765)

Hero's M: 48.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10
spade.gif
, 10
heart.gif

UTG calls t40, UTG+1 calls t40, 2 folds, CO calls t40, Button calls t40, 1 fold, Hero bets t400, UTG calls t360, 1 fold, CO calls t360, 1 fold

Flop: (t1300) 9
spade.gif
, 2
club.gif
, 2
spade.gif
(3 players)
Hero bets t1000, UTG calls t1000, 1 fold

Turn: (t3300) Q
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero ??

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are getting called really really light then shove, but if you think he is folding alot of his air, but would bluff with it then check/call.
check/folding is silly if you think he may be bluffing a decent % of the time.

ManicLombax

ManicLombax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree can't check/fold here. I'd probably just ship it, but yeah reading duggs's answer, if you think he'll bluff often here you can probably check/call.

flatcaller

flatcaller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah get it, you checking will just lead to a tough decision for yourself. he checks behind you then spade comes off def another twist to hand you want to avoid.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Than I probably just overbet the flop allin.

kissapig

kissapig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove or check call the impending shove. You might not be beat, but you priced yourself in. Stubborn villain with twice your stack will shove if you don't. You should have shoved preflop or flat called to hide the pocket pair. Seems like a pot sized bet is overplaying TT in the BB.

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10x seems a bit excessive preflop, but if that's how you like it I'd just ship the flop. FD's are never folding and you'll get calls from a lot of low PPs.