$11 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Sunday storm 1M GTD - QQ early stage

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early stage, villain is definitely tilted cuz of few hands he lost. Villain is not showing a good poker anyway so I deduce his range here is absolutely staggered.

My plan was: call to OR, fold to 3bettor. I expected 3bettor to be so narrow to call in this hand but he folded.
That said I snapped my QQ and (obv) met the K :(

Usually in big tourneys I rarely play AI unless I have got good info or the Aces.

In this case, with my assumption, I did not hesitate to call.

Any thought? Is it a cooler and gg ??

PokerStars - $10+$1|20/40 NL - Holdem - 9 players

Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP+1: 124.25 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 7)
MP+2: 126.38 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
CO: 105.1 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
Hero (BTN): 135.9 BB
SB: 112.5 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)
BB: 124.25 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
UTG: 62 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 142)
UTG+1: 189.88 BB (VPIP: 41.67, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 12)
MP: 132.25 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q Q

UTG raises to 2 BB, UTG+1 raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 9.98 BB, fold, fold, UTG raises to 62 BB and is all-in, fold, Hero calls 52.03 BB

Flop: (128.5 BB, 2 players) 9 K T

Turn: (128.5 BB, 2 players) 3

River: (128.5 BB, 2 players) A

UTG shows K K (Three of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 82%, Flop 87%, Turn 91%)
Hero shows Q Q (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 18%, Flop 13%, Turn 9%)
UTG wins 128.5 BB

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think this is a bad call. 5-bet shove for 62BB is pretty much always going to be AA or KK no matter the player.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given your read, I guess a call isn't terrible. But frequently you're going to be beat here, regardless of villain's history. You have to remember from his perspective he is jamming into 2 separate players who have both already re-raised him and re-raised eachother. He has reason to think that at least 1 of you has a very strong hand, and he's not afraid to jam into it. Sometimes he'll have AK or JJ but usually it's KK or AA.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a $10 game with 100,000+ players, getting QQ in can never be bad even with 60bb.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good all-in, villain with stats 33/25 will have not only AA KK here but can have hands like TT+ AK AQs and you have to constantly increase your stack that more play against short stacks..

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's the only problem I have here, you're 135 BB deep. When there's a 5-bet shove against two players, you can narrow his range down {JJ+}. And against that range, you're behind.

I know statisticians would disagree, but even donks catch hands sometime.

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick question - if you have 142 hands on the villain this must be from previous tournaments as you are only 12 hands into the event. Can you please clarify? Either way it renders these stats fairly useless.

In any event in response to Ramdee and Horizon a 5-bet shove for 62BB is going to be AA or KK at least 90% of the time and committing half your stack to this call is almost never going to be a good move.

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick question - if you have 142 hands on the villain this must be from previous tournaments as you are only 12 hands into the event. Can you please clarify? Either way it renders these stats fairly useless.

In any event in response to Ramdee and Horizon a 5-bet shove for 62BB is going to be AA or KK at least 90% of the time and committing half your stack to this call is almost never going to be a good move.

I presume I have those hh from previous games. Honestly I did not remember any history.
I am "that kind of player" who does not call 50bbs pre flop to stong action BUT here I am trying to find a justification to call.
ViLLain did really seem to be tilted and so reasonably capable to play a wider range related to his normal (even condiderating the type of game).

I am pretty sure that was a matter of bad luck to find him with his top range. I reckon that (said all that above and in my OP) a reasonable number of time he's putting a range Hero crash. and I agree with ram saying that.
It's true that my assumptions are not 100% accurate BUT, assuming they are, RamdeeBen post earn +inf credi.

Follows into spoiler a resume of the tourney played with few details
For the record I finished with a silly 600ish/100k+ ppl (wtf) position and a prize of $80ish. Run most of the game 3x avg (which was a shi**y 20x), played a sick poker building stack of NSD.
Found myself short stack without even realize that cuz I could not play 3 orbits (bad timing for a steal opening + several hands folded due to strong action preflop + maybe a mistake that I folded a TT in a 3way AI pot with the 2 oppo shorter than me but big enough to compromise my stack in case of fail) and then lost an AT<KQ, A2s<55.
I really thought I could do a better result, I did not see any bad luck stripe, I felt confortable and clearminded to play a good poker (obv in my humble opinion) and the affordable BI which did not let me feel to much pressure.
Anyway is gone, I keep on looking my hands, try my best improving the game and waiting the next chance to play for such a big prize with such an affordable BI. And not, I am not scared at all to play to 20k-100k ppls...it's better, it's full of money. I just hope for pokerstars to set up a playable structure with higher avg to be able to prevail on taking advantage of the much skill involved.
Atm I am a little bit frustrated coz I can't bink a tourney. I am getting so close so often but never "there"!!!
sry for the long post