$11 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $ : $11 Deep Stack Tourney

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no Clue what this player has in this hand to do this move with....All I can say is these ppl love to see flops, that's why I made my Raise so big preflop...

They don't fold Pairs, They don't fold ATC, and they more often then not float flops....I also Check because I knew someone was more then likely gonna fire out (Once they seen Weakness)....

But this Move, WTF:eek: ...I have no clue plz figure this out

poker stars $10+$1 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1398946
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+1: t9775 325.83 BBs
UTG+2: t5000 166.67 BBs
MP1: t5755 191.83 BBs
MP2: t7183 239.43 BBs
CO: t4997 166.57 BBs
BTN: t6011 200.37 BBs
Hero (SB): t5408 180.27 BBs
BB: t10225 340.83 BBs
UTG: t4490 149.67 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is SB with K :heart: K :club:
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t60, 3 folds, CO calls t60, BTN calls t60, Hero raises to t400, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t340, CO calls t340, 1 fold

Flop: (t1290) J :diamond: J :heart: 7 :diamond: (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets t1770, Hero?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting spot. You're 166 big blinds deep, which is pretty rare for a tournament, in a 3-bet pot with a board with a decent number of gutshots on it plus some flush draws.

First of all, I c-bet this flop. Too many hands (T9, 98, T8) have gutshot draws, and most pairs and flush draws won't fold for just one bet. Getting this checked through isn't very good, since a lot of those hands will either call a bet, or could suck out on you if you allow them to see the turn cheaply.

Since you checked, and they bet over pot, idk, its not a great spot. This isn't a spot I'd expect to be in very often, since I'd almost never check after 3-betting. But since the stack to pot ratio (SPR) is about 4.0, its fine to check/shove here and stack your overpair. But 200ish BB's deep, its just not a super fun spot to be in. But since you have him covered, go ahead and shove this flop.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting spot. You're 166 big blinds deep, which is pretty rare for a tournament, in a 3-bet pot with a board with a decent number of gutshots on it plus some flush draws.

First of all, I c-bet this flop. Too many hands (T9, 98, T8) have gutshot draws, and most pairs and flush draws won't fold for just one bet. Getting this checked through isn't very good, since a lot of those hands will either call a bet, or could suck out on you if you allow them to see the turn cheaply.

Since you checked, and they bet over pot, idk, its not a great spot. This isn't a spot I'd expect to be in very often, since I'd almost never check after 3-betting. But since the stack to pot ratio (SPR) is about 4.0, its fine to check/shove here and stack your overpair. But 200ish BB's deep, its just not a super fun spot to be in. But since you have him covered, go ahead and shove this flop.

I swear C9H, you hit My thinking to a T, I knew that Once I checked over to them that 1 of the 2 was bound to bet, but I swear I had no Clue how to react to this Bet:eek: ...I tanked for the longest time, thinking why would you make such a bet (Unless you knew what Hand I had and Thus had it crushed)...Yet at the same time, I thought this player was Capable of making this exact play, with ATC (Thinking I'm not Calling this play Unless I hold a Jack, Or 7s), So There-Fore that play also makes Sense, Since I can't realistically combat this Bet (Since He's committed himself into calling any sort of shove that I might due), This Is another Added Worry that I swear I was facing....And All the time I was thinking OMG, what does he have that does this play?

Quads? Would you really make this play with Quads? Would the betting make any sense, since you want to stack someone, so there-fore you really wouldn't make this bet correct?:confused:

A boat? 7s Full? Would you make the same betting with a Boat, Thinking/Knowning 1 of the 2 players has a Bigger hand, and more then likely it would be Hero? Unless you could actually put me on AA/KK/QQ/, rather then AK/AQ/, so does it make sense to over bet the pot, and thus lead away all the players in the hand? Especially sense I showed Weakness, would he not be more inclined to lead towards say AK/AQ? So why would you Make such a Big Bet?

So from there I started thinking/This player Probably knows I have AK/AQ/KK/AA/QQ, and that I'm trying to set someone up (The more I think about the way I played this hand, the more I'm actually starting to hate it, for the reason that I didn't put a bet out to find out exactly where In the Hand I actually stood, and thus this Was the Weirdest of spots that I've Ever Encountered personally)..."So because I'm trying to set someone up", and he realizes I can't realistically continue on with the hand Unless I have a big piece of it, and I only have 2 pair, he makes this bet Seem So Bluffy/Yet so Polarizing at the same time, and he knows I can't continue on with the hand (Just because I have KK/AA/QQ/AK/AQ), he knows this bet "Is telling me that He's not Folding", It also tells me, it's something, but what is it? Would you make the same play with AJ?

Thx for the response CPH, it was awfully played KK by me (That Much I can say):eek: