$11 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $11$ NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: NO HUD- 4th hand in tourney, AQ

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$11 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $11$ NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: NO HUD- 4th hand in tourney, AQ

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

UTG+1 (t2980)
MP1 (t2990)
MP2 (t3000)
MP3 (t3070)
CO (t2970)
Hero (Button) (t2970)
SB (t2980)
BB (t3030)
UTG (t3010)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q
heart.gif
, A
club.gif

UTG calls t20, UTG+1 calls t20, 3 folds, CO calls t20, Hero bets t120, 1 fold, BB calls t100, UTG calls t100, UTG+1 calls t100, 1 fold

Flop: (t510) Q
diamond.gif
, J
spade.gif
, K
heart.gif
(4 players)
BB bets t240, UTG calls t240, UTG+1 calls t240, Hero raises to t900, BB calls t660, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t660

Turn: (t3450) A
spade.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: (t3450) 9
spade.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Total pot: t3450

Basicaly, I want to know whats my option on every street and if I played this out correctly, Thanks!

I think maybe a fold was a better flop action option in retrospective, just want to make sure.

FYI this is the quarter million sunday, alot of players get in free.

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are you raising flop?

The way the hand played out, I figured most of them were all calling light, so I thought I would stabb the pot, because it is quite possible that I am either holding A10, KK or a monster hand. I figured that there was so much money in this pot, and taking it down with 900 left me with 100 BBs in the tournament if I got reraised.

Maybe I should just call here?, but I figure I might get a draw to fold.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you were raising as a bluff.

What defines a bluff? (At the risk of this taking days, the simple answer is: to fold out better hands)

What better hands are we folding out on the flop?

MrEpic94

MrEpic94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just fold on that flop.

reasons:
1) Early on in the tournament, no need to try and make plays yet, just play abc poker and look to hit monsters.
2)The pot is multiway so the probability of your bluff being succesfull and the chance of you having the best hand both decrese a great deal.

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got ya, makes sense. only thing remotly folding better than us is a pair of king.

I ended up winning the hand, but thats irrelevent.

ManicLombax

ManicLombax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree just fold the flop. Too many people in the hand, you're almost certainly not getting all of them to fold. Checking down turn and river I think is good. You might have the best hand, but no worse hands are calling with the 4-straight on the board.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can pretty safely fold on the flop, once there is a bet and two callers in front of you after you've shown aggression pre-flop, you can be very confident you are beat. As Chuck is trying to get you to see, a raise on your part would be as a bluff, but will that ever be successful? Probably not, because you need to get 3 folds and they are all showing at least decent strength.

I am also not sure about the pre-flop raise.

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They ended up being very horrible btw, J3, K7, and folder prolly had air... or an ace....

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with blinds that low and 3 limpers in front of me, I know myself, I would play AQ, but I would just limp.
On that flop, having just middlepair I would like to keep the pot small in case I would play, however I'm pretty sure I would fold this all the time.

ManicLombax

ManicLombax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on the table. AQ is a decent hand, so if you can isolate one caller a raise might be better. That's the way I'd usually play it. A lot of times in a deep stacked donkament, particularly early like this, all the limpers will call with anything and you just end up with a juiced up pot. So yeah, here it may be better to limp, but don't stack off lightly with top pair in a big family pot.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Facts;
-It is the 4th hand of a tourney that you want to cash in. We all know the first several orbits are insane, and should all proceed cautiously.

-Hero is button with AQ and 2 limpers, so the PF raise is OK, but might have been bigger. But a simple limp might have been ok as well.

-You flop 2nd pair (granted lots of outs) and have no real reads on any of the participants. What happens if an A falls on the turn or river? IMO would be the worst card that could fall.

-You have to see this as a semi bluff, as will most of the players involved, and if they hit their KT, or 9T then you ask for trouble, and they will gladly provide it.

Given these facts don't you think you could show more patience and at best slow play this situation?

Remember this is early in the MTT, and you need to survive........

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands