MP: 24.74 BB
Hero (MP+1): 33.75 BB
MP+2: 43.04 BB
CO: 5.45 BB
BTN: 54.82 BB
SB: 20.11 BB

9 players post ante of 0.15 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.85 BB) Hero has 5:spade: 5:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 2.5 BB, SB raises to 19.96 BB and is all-in, fold, Hero raises to 33.6 BB and is all-in, fold

Flop: (44.77 BB, 2 players) A:heart: 3:club: 7:diamond:

Turn: (44.77 BB, 2 players) 3:heart:

River: (44.77 BB, 2 players) 7:club:

SB shows A:diamond: A:club: (Full House, Aces full of Sevens)
(Pre 81%, Flop 97%, Turn 100%)
Hero shows 5:spade: 5:diamond: (Two Pair, Sevens and Fives)
(Pre 19%, Flop 3%, Turn 0%)
SB wins 44.77 BB

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/525364SDR

$182 Bounty on villain.

Currently in 4th place

Is it a shove or a fold?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thanks mate. What are the cards we can call? Other than AA.

here the chart, 55 is not terrible in this situation, but is far to be like the premium hands.

d6ebac06e5a5fe3baebd33f11c6cecfc.png

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its impossible to do a simulation of a PKO hand without knowing either the starting stack or the exact payouts and all the bounties, since this is needed to determine the chip value of the bounty. But in a vacuum and without knowing the actual chip EV of winning his bounty, I think, this is a fold. On the final table of a PKO and especially a large field PKO like this, bounty hunting is rarely important, so our calling range here should probably not be much different from a normal MTT.

I plugged the hand into ICMizer telling the program, it was a regular MTT (1.500 man), and then Heros calling range is only TT+, AK, AQs. With the bounty in play it will be wider, but almost certainly not all the way down to 55. ICM is important here, because we are mid-stack on the final table. We cant go broke to SB, but even so calling and losing will put us in a position, where now we are one of the short stacks and likely to finish 7-9 missing out on the big payjumps.

Sonxaku

Sonxaku

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would make the decision depending on my stacksize compared to the others but 55 is also a very very weak hand.

What did ICM say about % fold is the correct play? I feel like its 50/50 a coinflip and a clear fold.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's more correct to fold in this situation. Even in a knockout tournament, with fairly deep stacks, on the final table, chasing a knockout is no longer justified.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats Pinoy on making the FT here. :)

Now as its even a bounty game, I would mention that its always worthy to reach the 1-2nd place, and probably the 3rd place paid out great to be worthy to go for it not considering the bounties. 9 of you are still in, which is a lot, I can imagine ICM folds here definitely.

For me, it looks like you wanted to push all-in the 5.45bb stack (maybe BB?) and get rid of the chipleader. As much as this raise looks confident, its still callable. Such as button did.
- Now the best and only great outcome is that 5.45bb goes all-in, and everyone folded till you just make an easy and cheap call.
- If 5.45bb puts the stack in and button calls, what will be your move here? Are we burning 5.45bb-s to set-mineing or going all-in and hopefully we 'll get a fold from chipleader and he get rid of the chance of the bounties? It sounds risky both ways.
- If SB or BB goes all-in, is 55 enough here? I mean best way we flipping, unless they can already have a bigger pocket which behave the same.

I think on final table from middle position 55 is just not playable, the first position which I see air to do is CO, but being tighter with 33 bbs when still 9 is in is just more than okay in my eyes. Good luck. :)

Last edited:
PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks mates for all your input.

I agree ICM wise it is a fold.
My mind set during this hand as i recall is, the big stacks is a passive player and having fold equity against him to isolate the all-in for pay jump, bounty and getting bigger stacks so i can cover all players.

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats Pinoy on making the FT here. :)

Now as its even a bounty game, I would mention that its always worthy to reach the 1-2nd place, and probably the 3rd place paid out great to be worthy to go for it not considering the bounties. 9 of you are still in, which is a lot, I can imagine ICM folds here definitely.

For me, it looks like you wanted to push all-in the 5.45bb stack (maybe BB?) and get rid of the chipleader. As much as this raise looks confident, its still callable. Such as button did.
- Now the best and only great outcome is that 5.45bb goes all-in, and everyone folded till you just make an easy and cheap call.
- If 5.45bb puts the stack in and button calls, what will be your move here? Are we burning 5.45bb-s to set-mineing or going all-in and hopefully we 'll get a fold from chipleader and he get rid of the chance of the bounties? It sounds risky both ways.
- If SB or BB goes all-in, is 55 enough here? I mean best way we flipping, unless they can already have a bigger pocket which behave the same.

I think on final table from middle position 55 is just not playable, the first position which I see air to do is CO, but being tighter with 33 bbs when still 9 is in is just more than okay in my eyes. Good luck. :)

At this hand i am not worried about the players i cover, just looking carefully for the 3 bet of CL.
Thanks for your very good detail insight.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even open 55 here but I'm such a huge nit.
However if by some miracle I did open, yes I would fold to a shove.

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even open 55 here but I'm such a huge nit.
However if by some miracle I did open, yes I would fold to a shove.

It's my button range, but i can tighten up to 77:D and Final table to 99 when in middle stacks.