$11 NLHE MTT: 89s UTG

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9 handed I would fold pre and also to the 3bet. 98s has very low equity vs his 3bet range.
not sure what you expect to win with the call on the flop. we have Bottom pair with a Backdoor straight. we beat barely any Hand in his range.
Overall it Looks like a questionable Play with a lucky Outcome.

CC nits at it again. It's standard open from UTG, why would she fold it? vs 3bet it's fold OOP and call IP. On the flop it's fold.
on a 9 handed table 98s should not be your Standard open from UTG. it Plays terrible OOP and if you get 3bet you might have to call for a good Price and you start Building a pot with a very vulnerable Hand.
If you can show a database, where suited connectors from EP actually make a profit over 100k hands or more, then more power to you. For me they did not, and why would I continue to open hands, that are losing me money? I normally open 98s from HJ, but not from any seat earlier than that.
I agree with you once again. I would also open it from LP or call in the blinds. once you miss the flop it should be easy to get out of the Hand. making 98s a Standard open UTG is going to lose you a lot of Money for sure