Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $10+$1|3200/6400 Ante 800 NL - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG+1: 30.77 BB (VPIP: 34.29, PFR: 31.43, 3Bet Preflop: 11.11, hands: 35)
MP: 25.74 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 17.39, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 24)
MP+1: 66.94 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 12.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 24)
CO: 63.69 BB (VPIP: 29.63, PFR: 22.22, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 27)
BTN: 34.8 BB (VPIP: 7.69, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 13)
SB: 145.5 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 13.04, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 24)
Hero (BB): 55.99 BB
UTG: 19.6 BB (VPIP: 17.12, PFR: 11.43, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 113)

8 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.5 BB) Hero has J:club: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

Flop: (5 BB, 2 players) K:spade: K:club: K:heart:
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (5 BB, 2 players) 6:spade:
SB bets 2.5 BB, Hero calls 2.5 BB

River: (10 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond:
SB bets 5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

SB shows T:spade: 6:club: (Full House, Kings full of Sixes) (Pre 31%, Flop 24%, Turn 82%)
Hero mucks J:club: Q:heart: (Three of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 69%, Flop 76%, Turn 18%)
SB wins 20 BB

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to do a weird play here if I want to get to showdown. I minraise the turn and check back the river. Yes were putting in chips. But we rarely face a river bet makinf it much cheaper for us. Also if they bet river after we raise the turn it makes a fold easier.

Alot will disagree with this however.

I think you played it fine 3betting pre this deep is basically bluffing even though the hand is ahead of thier range (presumably). Calling helps to keep all the hands that we dominate in his range meaning we can win quite a lot of medium sized pots by just flatting.

As played you can fold river depending on read of the player and how likely they are to just bluff tou here (doesnt seem likely)

K

kefir

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have played the same. :(
After seeing the hand in a review, I think that it is somehow to passive line.
I will try next time larger bet on the flop in this situation.

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise pre would be my default, as played you lose to any 6X combo, any Ax combo, and Q high calling means you think he stops buffing rivers or you can profitably call 2 streets vs what exactly? j10? j9?

this is FPS

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call or 3bet preflop its fine game...
About postflop game, i am 3bet against villain on flop ( and very much approximately 12bb ) , because we have Q with good kicker and most of the time we will be ahead on this board vs range SB...

In river your not have showdown vallue , so better fold, not think what you can win here , only with Q on this board, this barreling says that we are already behind..

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop and flop are fine. Turn flat is also ok. I would have made a fold on the river.

No need to call double barrels with queen high there.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with WiZ here, I actually like raising the turn because firstly we're often going to have the best hand. I mean it's bvb and he's not likely going to have Ax in this spot so we're actually raising the turn for value.

If he calls though, he's going to have a lot of Ax in his range so if we want to fold out Ax hands and he checks the river I think we can assume he nearly always has Ax so we can also just fire the river. Granted the 2 on the river is the worse card but we're representing a FH at this point and we would bet both the turn and river for value. Overall though, I think you played the hand fine I for sure like the call on the river given we likely have the best hand enough here to make it +EV.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop and flop are fine. Turn flat is also ok. I would have made a fold on the river.

No need to call double barrels with queen high there.

Totally agree.

I wouldn't 3bet pre. Take a very playable hand and play a small pot in position; see what develops.

Flop and turn are fine.

River....sometimes he is bluffing here but A LOT beats you. it's ok to sometimes fold the best hand. I would fold this river. Curiosity calls are a big leak on the river.

Edit to add: Here's what beats you on the river: any pocket pair, any ace, any K, Q2, Q6, J2, J6, obviously any other random deuce or any 6.

you beat hands like JT,J9 and suited connectors. That is about it. sometimes he will have those, but usually he has SOMETHING that beats you.

Last edited:
Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only other thing I'd say is you could bet the flop once he checks to you. That's part of the reason for flatting preflop is that you get to be in position post flop. on a flop like this, once he checks to you Q hi is usually ahead.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my first time replying on here. To me it seems you were a calling station on this hand and the villain plays you perfectly. Myself, I love having fat stacks to my right, in position heads up. I am going re-raise pre-flop half my chips. Worse hand folds, better hand calls and I am shoving on the flop. T6 would have folded post flop to a shove. If SB would have had a better hand they would have bet more than 2BB pre-flop to avoid showdown. I never let anyone see the flop w/o paying for it more than they wanted.